Stealth Mechanics Question

#1 - July 16, 2013, 6:01 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Are you able to target your own stealth minion with buffs? e.g. Cold Blood

Edit:
An interesting question to everyone, which way do you think it should be? Do you think you should be able to target your own stealthed minions? Why or why not?
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#26 - July 17, 2013, 1:34 a.m.
Blizzard Post
It's a perfectly fine question I am happy to answer.

Enemies cannot target your Stealthed minions with spells and effects. You can target your own friendly Stealthed minions with spells and effects. I happily cast Blessing of Kings on my Jungle Panther.

Friendly Battlecry effects also work on friendly Stealthed minions. I was able to target my own Jungle Panther with my Elven Archer to do one damage to it and he remained in Stealth. However, I cannot target enemy Stealth minions with Battlecry effects.

Never be afraid to ask questions - I am happy to clarify, even if my own initial wording was not as clear as it may have needed to be at the time.

Edit: "Blassing" of Kings, sheesh, typos ...
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#30 - July 17, 2013, 1:56 a.m.
Blizzard Post

The new post is clearly either a rule change or the old one was a mistake. But in either case, it wasn't a made up rule.

"Opposing" certainly should have been in there - A single target spell an opponent would typically use to take out a minion was cited as an example, but did not appear to be as clear as it should have been. Answers should be clear enough to not be left up to debate, so I'll double check those things in the future so we all remain on the same page.

Now go buff some Stealthers!