Patch 5.4 Proving Grounds Preview

Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#1 - July 15, 2013, 4:30 p.m.
Blizzard Post
There comes a time in any healer, tank, or damage dealer’s life when they decide to take their skills and abilities to the next level. When that time comes, the Proving Grounds will be waiting.

Check out the full preview here- http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/10405142/
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#13 - July 15, 2013, 6 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Why why why would this only be for level 90 players? It would make much more sense to have it scale to lower levels.

We're going to see how the Proving Grounds go. Adding lower level versions are always a possibility for the future.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#16 - July 15, 2013, 6:03 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Are there rewards beyond achievements and bragging rights for getting either gold rank or going so long in endless mode?

There will be titles too.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#88 - July 17, 2013, 2:45 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I'm working the Proving Grounds now in PTR and I have to tell you, I am having the time of my life. I'm currently running the tanker scenarios and while Bronze wasn't bad (did get my heart pumping to be sure) the Silver is kicking my butt and that's okay. I'm one of those who like to kinetically work things out so out of every encounter, even if I fail, I learn something else to try.

I can't speak for others but when this hits live I'm going to be one very happy player.

You seem to learn like I do. I don't mind failing awhile so that I can refine things. The Proving Grounds is a great way to do that without wasting anyone else's time while you experiment and refine your skills.

To those who have tanked on the PTR, does it teach you how to work with a second tank?

The system is designed to just teach basics. It won't teach more advanced techniques as of this time. It's mostly focusing on learning how to get and keep aggro while protecting your healer. (As a healer I appreciate this lesson.)