#1 - July 12, 2013, 10 p.m.
Blizzard Post

Let’s pretend I set you ablaze with a quick cast of Pyroblast. You burn, you simmer, you turn to ash, and then what? You’re dead! Yet one particular elemental creature is able to withstand such punishment and live on. And on . . . and on . . . and on . . . and on.

The mighty phoenix provides you with a graphic understanding of what it means to survive. Granted, it’s sort of cheating by being able to rise from its own ashes, but that shouldn’t stop you from finding inspiration. Can you feel it?!

The Isle of Quel’Danas is home to the Shattered Sun Offensive, charged with protecting our beloved planet from Kil’jaeden’s destructive ways. There you’ll also find an exiled member of the Council of Six, Kael’thas Sunstrider, and if his maniacal laughter hasn’t scarred your mind yet, then I’ll make sure it does. For this week’s exercise, I want you to infiltrate Magisters’ Terrace, work your way through its dark corridors, find Kael’thas, and see if he rises from his own ashes! If you’re lucky enough to survive, Crithto has information about the reward I’m hesitant to think you deserve.

PhoenixHatchling_WoW_Facebook_960x960.jpg

Crithto: It is said that Kael’thas developed the incredibly powerful ability to summon a phoenix. Through this spell, an offspring—of sorts—was conjured as well, which you might know as the Phoenix Hatchling. Taming one may require some patience, but once captured and assimilated into your team, you’ll enjoy the benefits of both Sunstrider’s essence and a ferocious elemental pet. Quickly roast your enemies with Burn and Conflagrate, or carefully Peck (see what I did there?) apart the competition with Immolation and Immolate. Just be careful—this pet is likely to singe hair!

Much like the glorious streams of brilliance left in my wake as I walk across a room, so too flow the flames from the wings of the phoenix. Now, I know what you’re thinking: How can a phoenix even continue to exist whilst in my presence? It can’t! And it’s likely you can’t exist in their presence, but we aren’t here to test the laws of awesome, are we? We are here to test your ability to listen, though . . . so why aren’t you on your way to the Isle of Quel’Danas already?! ALL ABOARD THE FLAME TRAIN!

Come join the discussion about this pet in our Pet Battles forum. You can also learn more about the Phoenix Hatchling by visiting WarcraftPets.com.