Free Realm Transfer?

#1 - July 11, 2013, 11:12 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I see that Blizz is offering a free Realm Transfer from Bleeding Hollow to Korgath. I thought the purpose of the Free Realm Transfer was to repopulate dying realms. Korgath is already a high population realm. Wouldn't it serve the purpose better to offer the Free Realm Transfer to one of the dying low population realms like Archimonde?

Or am I missing something here?
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#12 - July 12, 2013, 12:05 a.m.
Blizzard Post
We've found over the years that people would rather stay on high population realms with long queues than move to very low population realms. When offering transfers - even free ones - to low population realms, very few people take the offer and high queue times persist. By providing transfers to medium population realms we can, at the very least, offer them a somewhat enticing reason to get away from their long queues and offer relief to that entire realm.

Obviously we're exploring some new ways to solve low population issues in 5.4, and we'll have more details on how that will all work (as well as a final name!) in the near future.

(For reference, the current free transfers can be found on the front page right here.)