Community feedback matters?

#1 - July 11, 2013, 1:08 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Blizzard has confirmed many times in the past from blues that although they take alot of feedback from constructive posts on forums they admit that only a small % even bother to read forums, let alone post on them. But from all I see for anything HS related for the future is, as long as the community wants we will give it.

Would it it not be advisable to do a monthly(even weekly or daily for beta players) multiple choice question from higher rated posts/replies on forums asking all players from a pop up window from either launcher or in game, which they would choose(it would only need to be answered once). I can only speak for myself to say, that I would not be bothered if I was presented with such an intrusive thing on my gaming experience, which took a few seconds to answer and clear off of my screen. Even add a huge button at bottom saying in huge print, 'Dont Care, Close Window'. I would think that the community feedback was actually coming from players and many more then the standard you have now.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#6 - July 11, 2013, 5:52 p.m.
Blizzard Post
We take feedback from a wide variety of sources, not simply the forums. We encourage players to talk about Hearthstone in whatever format they feel most comfortable with. All feedback or conversations that may be happening revolving around Hearthstone are important to us, whether it is positive or negative. Even a negative discussion held in a constructive manner has the potential to be helpful to our team.

Avoiding statements such as, "This is OP!!!!!1" and instead having conversations starting with, "I feel there is an issue with X because of my X experience happening in numerous cases of games - maybe X should be looked at and these are some things that may help," will be better for clearly stating your case and explaining the issues you may be having.

I read quite a bit on a daily basis - forums and fansites, conversations happening on social media and other external websites. The forums are just a slice of that delicious Hearthstone pie.