Please don't make me Stand in the Fire

#1 - July 10, 2013, 10:37 a.m.
Blizzard Post
As a member of a progression oriented Heroic Guild, I'm pretty much expected to do anything I Can do to boost my dps. Right now that looks like it means deliberately taking damage to get massive spellpower boosts from Archimonde's Vengence.

Please Bliz, the idea of a talent that rewards you with increased damage for taking damage, while ok in theory for PVP, has no place whatsoever in PVE. And since PVP-Only talents are kind of a bad idea IMO, Archimondes Vengence is a bad idea. Just scrap it entirely and come up with something completely different please.

If you're in love with the concept, bake it into Glyph of Demonhunting, if any form of warlock should have a Vengeance type mechanic, make it Tank Warlocks (PS: And make it a viable tank we can queue with while you're at it ^_^)
Forum Avatar
Game Designer
#20 - July 11, 2013, 3:53 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Archimonde's Vengeance has been further adjusted, as you'll see in a forthcoming PTR build. We agree with the general concern about incentivizing a pure DPS class to seek out sources of damage and make healers' lives harder in exchange for a damage boost. Even though we can filter out "standing in the fire," so to speak, and plan to do so for tank Vengeance as well, there are plenty of cases that can't be easily handled (e.g. Lei Shen's Thunderstruck, which isn't really avoidable damage, but where a warlock with the current PTR Archimonde's might find it optimal to stand just close enough that they barely survive it, rather than properly trying to get far away).

The current plan is a replacement that will make Dark Soul significantly more potent, though, of course, that is subject to change, it being PTR and all.
Forum Avatar
Game Designer
#29 - July 11, 2013, 7:27 a.m.
Blizzard Post

The current plan is a replacement that will make Demon Soul significantly more potent, though, of course, that is subject to change, it being PTR and all.

So given Demon Soul no longer exists I assume you mean Dark Soul which replaced it?

Whoops, yes, that. I'll edit my post above to avoid further confusion.