Blues: Ancestral Spirit / Redemption

Forum Avatar
MVP - Hearthstone
#1 - July 5, 2013, 3:11 a.m.
Blizzard Post
This is a question for the blues.

How do we handle Ancestral Spirit and Redemption in terms of buffs on the card and ability that proc when a minion plays? I guess the more specific question would be, is the minion considered to simply stay in play, or is it considered to leave them and then be played again?

Two specific questions that would come to mind with this:
- Does a minion brought back with Ancestral Spirit / Redemption proc Knife Juggler?
- Do buffs on the minion remain on the minion?

I'm assuming here that Ancestral Spirit and Redemption both follow the same rules in this regard, but if they act differently from one another, clarification on that would be appreciated.

Thank you for your time.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#41 - July 10, 2013, 11:02 p.m.
Blizzard Post
This is a question for the blues.

How do we handle Ancestral Spirit and Redemption in terms of buffs on the card and ability that proc when a minion plays? I guess the more specific question would be, is the minion considered to simply stay in play, or is it considered to leave them and then be played again?

Two specific questions that would come to mind with this:
- Does a minion brought back with Ancestral Spirit / Redemption proc Knife Juggler?
- Do buffs on the minion remain on the minion?

I'm assuming here that Ancestral Spirit and Redemption both follow the same rules in this regard, but if they act differently from one another, clarification on that would be appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

Cards brought back with Ancestral Spirit or Redemption will not return with buffs on them. They will proc minions like Knife Juggler. They will not trigger any Battlecry effects that card may have. If minions brought back to life with Ancestral Spirit or Redemption have Divine Shield or Stealth as a keyword, they will return to the board with those buffs active.