Blizzard, *PLEASE* bring back Random Chests!!

#1 - July 10, 2013, 6:30 p.m.
Blizzard Post
How exciting did it used to be, when you were wandering around and, BLAM MUTHASUCKA, there's a freaking CHEST FULL O' LOOT ALL UP IN YO' PATH?!? Of course, they were generally filled with crap, but it was still fun.

Well, how about bringing them back, but also revamping them in the process? Have each and every Chest contain a guaranteed, Bind-on-Pickup Rare or Epic, but with the caveat that each Chest also has a Level-Requirement to open. I'm not just talking a minimum level, either; also have a maximum-level that can open it. That way, players don't just start farming them with their higher-level characters. In fact, if you aren't eligible to open a chest, don't even let the player *SEE* the chest, to avoid people making "scouts".

Honestly, I just think the game could really use a bit more excitement when leveling, and I think bringing Chests back, with infinitely more powerful loot, would go a long ways towards that. Like I said, put a bunch of parameters in place so that players aren't able to monopolize them, but I really, truly believe this is the exact shot-in-the-arm of adrenaline that the leveling-game could really use.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#12 - July 10, 2013, 7:11 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I think you'll enjoy the Timeless Isle in 5.4.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#39 - July 10, 2013, 9:51 p.m.
Blizzard Post
07/10/2013 12:33 PMPosted by Scyl
I think you'll enjoy the Timeless Isle in 5.4.
I'll find another excuse to whine about it then, dont worry!

I know. ;D