Botting.

#1 - July 10, 2013, 6:04 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Today on my level 87 hunter I ventured into a BG. I was playing the BG and noticed that 7 of my fellow team mates hadn't moved from spawn. This BG was the Battle for Gilneas just for reference. I had made it all the way to WaterWorks before any of them moved. I kept an eye on the map just to watch to see what was going on, and 7 of them sat at Mines. After they all died they rezzed at WW and all stood around the flag. They didn't move an inch whilst me and 2 others were fighting. And just as a test I walked to the WW with an enemy attacking me, and as soon as the enemy entered there "radius" they snapped into action like they were real people. Only you could tell it was bots, for example one of the rogues that was a bot Vanished rather then just using stealth. They then ventured to Light House after dieing, they rezzed at WW and 5 bots followed the same path 1 after the other. I'm posting this on the forums for blizzard to read and for other people to share there experience with things like this.
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#5 - July 10, 2013, 6:14 p.m.
Blizzard Post
We do have systems that catch a great many of these, but reports are always helpful.

If you report these AFK, that's usually a little quicker to get them out of a match - or at least, it catches up to them a little more quickly after a few matches :)

You should be able to do that with the in match reporting features from anywhere on the map.

~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~

Got Feedback? Click me.
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#7 - July 10, 2013, 6:35 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Oh alright, I should have reported them. It ended rather quickly due to it being a 3v10. Thanks for responding!

My pleasure, Allionin, and I know this can be frustrating.

Just remember, even if you don't see them disappear from a particular match, every report counts - and it WILL catch up with them if everyone uses the system as it's designed :)