Problem Logging on Due to CRZ

#1 - July 3, 2013, 6:36 p.m.
Blizzard Post
According to the Server Status only ONE server is Down, Dragonblight, however my DK cannot log on at all in the Eastern Plaguelands, I play on Eitrigg. Checking with one of my other characters trying to fly to the zone I hit the Arathi Highlands and it says Transfer Aborted: Crossrealm Server is Down and not a single NPC is loaded, I understood CRZ to make it so various servers were bunched together for interaction and ease, am I to understand that certain servers are predetermined to handle zones for other servers as well and if it goes down you can't even access that zone on your own bloody server?

I've never had an issue with CRZ before now, but being kept in the dark about the fact that if the server hosting a zone is down you not only can't access it through that server OR your own, but if you logged out in that region you're restricted from your character access entirely is a pretty big issue.

*Edit* Must amend that Dragonblight is no longer the only server down, however the fact that I cannot access a zone on my own server that is up is still my major issue with all of this.
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#5 - July 3, 2013, 7:53 p.m.
Blizzard Post
The issue with Dragonblight should be resolved but I wanted to cover another aspect of the post.

07/03/2013 12:34 PMPosted by Kudus
Again this is the issue I'm having with this. It was my understanding that CRZ was enabled so that if multiple people across a few servers were in the same zone they would be 'merged' to ease server loads.

That is not what Cross Realm Zones were for at all. I often see a number of rumors but this one is new to me, the most common one I have seen as this was "our way to deal with low population realm".

The following blog covers the purpose of CRZ, and explains that it is intended to help those areas within the game that no longer have very many players in them (i.e. starting areas, low-mid level questing areas, etc...), to feel more populated. So that you aren't questing in a zone almost entirely by yourself.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/5393667

Some more information was posted after implementation: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6679517893

~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~

Got Feedback? Click me.
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#7 - July 3, 2013, 8:18 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Given the phrasing I wouldn't call that "spreading misinformation" Zanzul. Kudus did say "it was my understanding" and also said "This was not what was told, or am I not remembering correctly? Is this something Blizz neglected to mention? Or is this how it's always been and I've been misinformed?".

Which to me at least, indicates an understanding that they may not have all the facts and provides an opening to correct what misinformation a person may have on a subject. :)

Got Feedback? Click me.
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#13 - July 3, 2013, 9:28 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I still am unsure about what was asked in regards to if a realm goes offline in the future will All realms tied to it lose access to the zones it supported, or was this a result of the unexpected problems that Dragonblight was experiencing today?

Yes, if the realm that is hosting a particular zone experiences an issue it may impact any character located in or trying to access that zone. Much like if instances servers are experiencing an issue it will do the same thing for those running dungeons associated with those servers.

While overall the CRZ system can be adjusted it is in no way automatic. It doesn't currently allow for other realms/servers to take over in the event of an issue. That may be something that our Developers are looking into but those of us in CS wouldn't really be able to say.

Got Feedback? Click me.