I hate being called

#1 - June 27, 2013, 11:31 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Tank, DK, Mage, Pally, Heals, Hunter etc.

I have a name. Drek is four letters, the exact same as the word Tank.

Am I the only one who feels this way? I don't feel like I'm playing with actual people if I'm being addressed as my role.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#95 - June 27, 2013, 3:18 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Tank, DK, Mage, Pally, Heals, Hunter etc.

I have a name. Drek is four letters, the exact same as the word Tank.

Am I the only one who feels this way? I don't feel like I'm playing with actual people if I'm being addressed as my role.

Yeah, I feel the same way. Despite years of being referred to as "Priest" etc., I still find myself having to process that they mean ME. I don't even care if someone shortens my name, but calling me something other than my role or class wouldn't hurt too much. ;) This has been something that has occurred since way back at the start of World of Warcraft when dealing with people who may not know you well, I doubt it will go away, and it isn't a big deal really. But, I'm with you that I have moments in which it annoys me a tad.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#100 - June 27, 2013, 3:20 p.m.
Blizzard Post
What about "Candle"? :P

It's better than "he" or "him", so I'll take it. ;)

OMG NETH IS A PRIEST!

We cant call you with your name because we dont know whats your priest name ingame.

Gimmeh.

It's not the revelation you think it is. ;) People have known a long while.... No, I'm not telling you my name in game, but I'll give you a hint... It consists.... of letters put together in just such a way... they form a name.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#110 - June 27, 2013, 3:29 p.m.
Blizzard Post
You guys got me. I'm Neth.

Awesome. I have a list of tasks to do today so you better get on it. ;)
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#146 - June 27, 2013, 4:39 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I laughed harder then I should have

Priest: "I can haz mana food plz?"

Warlock (me): "No...."

~You have been removed from group~

/facepalm

Me too. ;)
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#196 - June 27, 2013, 9:25 p.m.
Blizzard Post
*Bursts into tears* Why can't people see past the plate armor and 2h weapon, and love me for the beard I am.

/pat

There there. You have a wonderful beard. I'm sure people appreciate it for what it is. They must be shy about complimenting you though.