Does Lore Say Casters Can't Move ?

#1 - June 20, 2013, 8:25 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Where does the idea that casters have to be immobile come from ?
Are casters feet magnetized to the ground when they cast a spell ?
What is wrong with casting while moving ?
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#49 - June 20, 2013, 9:50 p.m.
Blizzard Post
06/20/2013 02:03 PMPosted by Chãõs
It took me a minute to realize that you were not talking about the new admin as well, something tells me that is going to happen often in these forums now. Lol.

It's something I've grown accustomed to ;) And for full disclosure, I was also confused.

Good rule of thumb: in English, you only capitalize the first letter of a word if it's a name (other than the beginning of a sentence, obviously). So lore = story, but Lore = me. Hooray!
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#56 - June 20, 2013, 9:56 p.m.
Blizzard Post
06/20/2013 02:52 PMPosted by Zaldrizes
Good rule of thumb: in English, you only capitalize the first letter of a word if it's a name (other than the beginning of a sentence, obviously). So lore = story, but Lore = me. Hooray!

Unless it's a title.

Then you'd capitalize lore.

Busted.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#65 - June 20, 2013, 10:02 p.m.
Blizzard Post
06/20/2013 02:56 PMPosted by Zarhym

Unless it's a title.

Then you'd capitalize lore.

Busted.

Titles are names, yo.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#67 - June 20, 2013, 10:11 p.m.
Blizzard Post
More to the topic, though, I think the concept largely stems from the idea that casting a spell takes an extreme amount of concentration. Imagine, for example, a chef preparing a meal and chopping up a bunch of potatoes or something. Now imagine him doing it at a brisk jog. Somehow that seems... unsafe, at best :P

Obviously there are gameplay reasons why a spell would be castable while moving, but even then, one could argue that part of the "strength" of that spell is the ability to do so. Maybe a Lightning Bolt is fairly easy for a Shaman to cast while standing still, but it takes a lot of focus to be able to fire one off while running.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#71 - June 20, 2013, 10:17 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I think you killed the thread, Lore.

Every time I want to play, I just end up setting things on fire :(