XP issue with pet battles

#1 - June 13, 2013, 3:02 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Is there something going on with not gaining character xp through pet battles at the moment?

I logged today with this lvl 86 char and took a group of a lvl 10, and 2 lvl 25s against a group of lvl 23s and 24s. I beat various groups about 6-7 times. Although the lvl 10 pet gained xp and leveled up, I received nothing (no charms, no xp, etc.) I carefully watched my xp bar (no movement), my actual xp number (no changes) and checked my chat windows to make sure any xp gain would show (nothing did). I am not in any raid or other group and my xp is not turned off.

I then tried the same thing with a lvl 25 char and using lvl 1 pets against other lvl 1's. Same thing. No char xp gains.

Thoughts? Is this bugged in game at the moment?
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#12 - June 13, 2013, 11:30 p.m.
Blizzard Post
We’d like to thank everyone who submitted information to us about this issue. We can confirm that there is a bug currently that prevents Pet Battlers from properly earning experience on characters under level 90 through PvE encounters. While the issue currently persists in game, it has been addressed and should be fixed once realms are restarted.

We appreciate your patience during this time and if there are any other updates we can provide, we'll post them here in this thread.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#25 - June 14, 2013, 5:15 p.m.
Blizzard Post
06/13/2013 08:22 PMPosted by Juddinscire
Not sure if you know or not, but is there a time-frame on when this restart might happen or is that just going to be next Tuesday as usual?

I'd bank on Tuesday, but there's always that slight chance something could crop up and require restarts sooner. If that's the case, Breaking News should be updated to alert players.