Nasty people :(

#1 - June 6, 2013, 1:17 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I'm struggling to understand what gives some people the right to pull others down on these forums. I've just read a few threads where people have clearly joined a discussion for the sole purpose of tearing another WOW player down over there comment, telling people that they're dumb and they need to get a brain for no reason whatsoever is absolutely pathetic and all those that are doing it should be ashamed of themselves.
I'm thinking would it be too much to ask from Blizzard to suspend the accounts of those that are doing it, not permanently maybe just for the day or for repeat offenders the more you do it the longer the ban.
These people are ruining a great experience so much so that I'd actually heard of these LOSERS before i actually signed up for an account.
There's nothing wrong with a bit of constructive criticism and correcting another player (politely) if they have got something wrong or been misinformed but these people need to be stopped.
Where all here for the experience we all pay our subs, so why should this be tolerated ?

For those that are doing it instead of hiding behind your keyboards slagging people off and pulling people down, try doing it to somebody in person :)
Forum Avatar
Community
#10 - June 6, 2013, 12:44 p.m.
Blizzard Post
06/06/2013 02:43Posted by Lisanna
I'm thinking would it be too much to ask from Blizzard to suspend the accounts of those that are doing it, not permanently maybe just for the day or for repeat offenders the more you do it the longer the ban.

That is exactly what Blizzard do. :)
If you see people being rude and nasty to others on the forums then report them to flag the post. Blizzard usually do take action either by deleting the post, locking the thread and suspending or banning users. As with all punishments, the more you do bad things the more it builds up.

This is correct :-)

Just like in the game you report, ignore and move on.

From http://eu.battle.net/en/community/conduct

Harassing or Defamatory
This category includes both clear and masked language and/or links to websites containing such language or images which:

Insultingly refer to other characters, players, Blizzard employees, or groups of people
Result in ongoing harassment to other characters, players, Blizzard employees, or groups of people

If a player is found to have participated in such actions, he/she will:

Be given a temporary ban from the forums, depending upon severity
Harassment takes many forms, and is not necessarily limited to the type of language used, but the intent. Repeatedly targeting a specific player with harassment can lead to more severe action. The idea behind this is to prevent any one player from consistently being uncomfortable in the forums.

Spamming or Trolling
This category includes:

Excessively communicating the same phrase, similar phrases, or pure gibberish
Creating threads for the sole purpose of causing unrest on the forums
Causing disturbances in forum threads, such as picking fights, making off topic posts that ruin the thread, insulting other posters
Making non-constructive posts
Abusing the Reported Post feature by sending false alarms or nonsensical messages
Numbering a thread, IBTL, TLDR, or any other fad statements

Also this :-)