Titan Runestone Drop Rate

#1 - June 5, 2013, 6:24 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Not sure if you guys are having the same as I am, but the drop rates on these things are absurdly low. Three weeks in and i only have three so far. Any chance to increase the drop rates on these things?
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#16 - June 6, 2013, 1:08 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Hello there.

We agree and feel that Titan Runestones drop too rarely. We are going to make some changes to Lei Shen.

For players that are on the legendary quest line, Lei Shen will now always drop a Titan Runestone. This is similar to what we did with rare drops in the past and will help players that have been experiencing really bad luck.

This change is still undergoing testing and is scheduled to take effect next Tuesday with the raid resets.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#169 - June 7, 2013, 6:26 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Moo.

Can you clarify, are you still limited to one runestone total from as many Lei Shen's you kill per week? (one normal/heroic and as many lfrs as you can stomach)

I'm also curious about this. I think you should be able to farm lei LFR and have them drop everytime.

Each character has always had one chance off an eligible boss (regardless of difficulty mode) per week for the Legendary quest drop.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#171 - June 7, 2013, 6:33 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Does that mean, if i do LFR and then raid with my guild i can have a chance off LFR and normal/heroic mode too?

If you have already defeated Lei Shen on Normal difficulty that week, you would not get an additional chance by defeating him on Raid Finder.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#176 - June 7, 2013, 6:42 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I have a question about the Titan Runestone drops. I completed the quest this week for the 20 Secrets of the Empire by running LFR bosses. Now I have my metagem and I am on the quest for the Runestones. When I run the last six bosses on normal this weekend, will I have a chance for the Runestones to drop even though I got Secrets from some of the bosses on LFR?
Thanks.

If you're on a completely different step of the Legendary quest line you should be eligible for a chance to drop. But, a minor disclaimer. This hotfix isn't in effect yet so you aren't guaranteed to get a Titan Runestone from Lei Shen.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#190 - June 7, 2013, 10:55 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Is the chance of a runestone droping the same regaurdless of if you kill the boss first in LFR, Normal, or Heroic Mode?

The chance is the same regardless of difficulty/mode.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#199 - June 8, 2013, 2:27 a.m.
Blizzard Post

Why?

What if you run both normal and lfr? Since you only get one chance, it would be kinda dumb to actively not run LFR, or delay it until later in the week, to get a higher runestone drop chance.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#202 - June 8, 2013, 2:48 a.m.
Blizzard Post
06/07/2013 07:41 PMPosted by Memories
I don't believe this is true. It may be for Titan Runestones, but for the Secrets of the Empire, my guildies got them at roughly 4x the LFR rate from normal mode. To be more specific, a couple of them finished this step in half the time I did, despite starting later, only doing the first 4-6 bosses in normal mode, and never doing LFR. (I did every boss in LFR every week and very rarely did anything on normal).

The chance is random but remains the same across different difficulties. Your guildmates just happen to encounter a streak of good luck while running Normal difficulty.

The guaranteed drop from Lei Shen is meant to be an upper cap for players that experience a streak of bad luck. The discussion seems to be if this upper cap is still too long.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#376 - Jan. 3, 2014, 7:39 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I wrote a guide explaining the runestone drop rates in greater detail here.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/10137754011#2