To The "Real-Life Threats" Thread

#1 - May 19, 2013, 8:21 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I would post this in customer service but I seen the thread in general so I will post it here. I have reported my exboyfriend on here countless times and I would get the same results...Him continuing to harass me. He would create countless alts, use his mains, and stalk me, or whisper me and say demeaning things to me that have actually made me sob a few times. I have gone to the point to where either A) I am about to quit the game so he would leave me alone or B) get a lawyer and see what can be done about it. Unfortunately I was told that maybe I shouldn't quit cause it will show that he won and he drove me away from my guild that I co-run with my best friend on here, also what I consider to be my family considering my IRL family is not the greatest of people.
I am not making this thread as to Q.Q but to rather see if others are having the same issue as I am and its not being taken care of. I would really love to see a blue post as well as to what can be done about this as well. I have taken all routes and I am not gonna leave Ysera.
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#39 - May 28, 2013, 10:17 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Leechjar, I can absolutely understand your frustration with this type of situation.

Please understand that these issues can be fairly complex and may not be quickly or easily resolved.

Simply contacting someone is not generally considered to be a violation of our policies, nor is talking about them, so it is important that we establish a history. One in which the person contacted does not show any engagement with them, where the character is placed on ignore (which is the clearest indication that they do not wish to have contact) and where there is obvious circumvention of that ignore option.

It is also important to have enough information in the ticket so that we are able to do a proper investigation. For instance, the most recent ticket I see contains no character names. "They", is too generalized and does not allow to a proper investigation into the matter.

Again, I can understand the frustration such issues can cause but it is extremely important not to engage. I would recommend that you edit your current ticket to include pertinent information.

~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~

Got Feedback? Click me.