4 set pve bonus > pvp Bonus

#1 - May 24, 2013, 12:17 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Was this just a massive oversight or what?
Pve gear is starting to dominate in pvp and because of 1 little hiccup - the 4 set t15 bonuses!
I have absolutely no reason what so ever to use the 4 set pvp set bonus considering the ridicules power I get from the 4set pve bonus!

gg blizz, gg.
Forum Avatar
Community
#112 - May 28, 2013, 9:34 a.m.
Blizzard Post
There is the need for just that (a blue post), for many reasons. Not least because otherwise no One can tell for sure whether bliz is ok with This or not. If not, a change is likely, and t15 farming is waste of time. If yes, then farming yields a measurable benefits (4,3% is smaller and only worth some 1700 pvp power, increased burstiness is more significant) for those who can be arsed.
I'm going to quote Brian Holinka and Greg Street here from an interview that he had with Arena Junkies:

Arena Junkies Interview:
Sam (Vanguards): Another concern stemming from the PvP stat changes is also the 2pc and 4pc bonus on PvE gear. Another possibility being of course the legendary gear from PvE. What is the goal in terms of balancing PvP and PvE gear for PvP?

Brian Holinka: Like I said before, one of the main thing we wanted before is we want PvP gear be the best. It’s what we strive for. If there is a situation where someone argues this PvE piece in this situation is better than this PvP piece, that’s kind of on a case to case basis that they don’t break the overall view and game play experience. But there’s a lot of debates. People hit me up on twitter with arguments this or that being better. But there are certainly things you will lose if you break your PvP set bonus that can actually be quite valuable. PvP isn't always be about hitting a target dummy, it’s about mobility, control, and movement. A lot of utility is actually given in the PvP set bonuses. Time is going to tell, but we do have an option to tune it.

Greg Street: In our intent, someone who gets started in PvP who has an awesome raid set is great for getting in the door. But you should want to transition into PvP gear pretty quickly and we’ll keep adjusting things to make sure this happens.

So yes, we do feel that PvP gear should be the best for PvP, but we don't mind some cross-over as long as it doesn't break the experience of the game. With some rather loose mathematics it has been shown in this thread how some tier 15/14 set bonuses can offer varying damage min/maxing options for PvP, however as Brian points out, that is not the only thing that you need for PvP. These differing options for gearing aren't really a bad thing as they offer additional gear options and play styles that are in no way a clearly better, or an upgrade for PvP. The reason that they are not clearly better or an upgrade is because of the bonus resilience/PvP power prvoided by them and also the reasons listed by Brian.

Do understand though that we are listening to your feedback and keeping an eye out for any gear that we feel may need tweaking. If we find some PvE gear that is clearly outperforming PvP gear in instanced PvP, we will investigate it and take action if it's deemed necessary.
Forum Avatar
Community
#114 - May 28, 2013, 10:01 a.m.
Blizzard Post
28/05/2013 10:49Posted by Xaranthia
40s less CD on Dark Soul vs 10% more Damage (that also comes with the T14) .... yeah, no competition between T14 and PvP Set bonus.
You are ignoring the other bonuses that come from using the PvP set and just focusing on the "Changes x skill in y way." descriptions. You also lose out on almost 7.5% passive damage increase through PvP power, which is pretty big and the Twilight Ward change from the 2-piece PvP gear is pretty powerful survivability bonus as well.
Forum Avatar
Community
#123 - May 28, 2013, noon
Blizzard Post
28/05/2013 11:21Posted by Jhamaz
we're not talking about pve player that just started to do pvp...
Neither was I, I was talking in a general context.

pls i don't wanna be forced into pve to compete in pvp versus players that take the advantage of pve equip versus pvp.
Firstly, I never said you had to. Secondly, PvE items are worse than PvP gear for instanced PvP. Thirdly, I said that if any outliers were found, we would investigate and make adjustments if we deem it necessary. Fourthly, I said that our goal was for PvP gear to be the best for PvP.

excuse me but I feel cheated!
Because raiders and freshly dinged level 90 characters are able to more easily enter the PvP scene, increasing participation and reducing queue times?

Your issue is that you feel PvE gear is a clear winner over PvP gear, I can assure you that PvP gear is better in pretty much all cases. There may be a few exceptions to this, but they are at best an incredibly minor increase in damage, but you sacrifice other bonuses to get that minor damage increase. All in all, no PvE items are a clear upgrade to PvP gear with almost all of them being a downgrade. To quote my last post: "If we find some PvE gear that is clearly outperforming PvP gear in instanced PvP, we will investigate it and take action if it's deemed necessary."

28/05/2013 11:38Posted by Aierwin
The difference so far is so minimal that pvp players feel shafted and feel as if they have grinded PVP gear for little to no difference when in competition with PVE players.
I think that an additional 35% damage through PvP power is definitely nothing to be sneezed at.

PVP gear feels useless, PVPing feels pointless. There is no reward, pvp players feels like they are always on par if not worse off than that of pve players. Just READ the forums, look at how people are feeling, screw the statistics, look at how fed up the PVP player base is with these changes!
I read this forum daily and I can tell you that I am well aware of the communities feelings on the topic and I do share some of those feelings and concerns as a PvP'er myself. However, many of the arguments that are used are either not rationalized, done in the heat of the moment with no reasoning and don't take into account all of the facts. We post here to try and help clearing up those concerns and preventing information that helps as well as passing on all of the feedback that we get and the developers regularly incorporate that feedback into design decisions.

Honour gear is USELESS!, it is POINTLESS. Anyone who grinds out honour for malevolent gear is kicking themselves in the teeth.
Why is it pointless? As I gear up a new alt, I use the honor gear and I find that while it is not optimal, it suffices till I get conquest gear. Honor gear to Conquest gear is a basic path of progression for gearing and without it you end up with the flipside of the coin: If there is no progression path for gearing, then some of the enjoyment is gone for players losing that opportunity to increase their characters power. You start out, you run battlegrounds to get honor and a bit of conquest on the side which you use to buy gear that allows you to participate in arena and RBG's, the conquest you get from that then goes into Conquest gear.

If you are struggling to find partners or teams, there are sources you can use to find some. You can use the "Looking for players - PvP" forum, Arena Junkies forums, General chat, Anook, Teamfind, your guild and more. The main idea is just to find like-minded players to play with.

Its just terrible at the moment, whats the point, i'm asking you, right now Nakatoir, WHY should i PVP when there is NO gear, NO rewards and a stalemate at 2k rating!
The progression pathing for gear has not really changed, crafted to honor to conquest, just the Elite weapon has been toned down to avoid ilvl inflation and gear disparity. So there is gear, 3 sets of it different sets. There are rewards, the PvP enchant, the cloak, the tabard, the elite gear and end-of-season rewards. We are also looking to add more rewards into PvP in the future.

I accept that the 2k rating push and beyond is a challenge, but it's not impossible. If you already have full Tyrannical, then it is simply a matter of skill and knowledge of the game that is holding you back. Just keep trying, learning from mistakes and pushing to get better and you will break past that window.