Ferals shifting roots - why?

#1 - May 22, 2013, 2:06 p.m.
Blizzard Post
This isn't a QQ thread as I've not even logged on to live with 5.3 in effect yet but I thought this last season too why on earth do ferals get immunity to roots I just can't understand the reasoning behind it.

They took it off them before gave them dash + stamp roar out of roots, then reverted it but kept the dash & stamp roar?

Can anyone shed any light on this?
Forum Avatar
Community
#25 - May 24, 2013, 12:09 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Druids used to be able to shift out of roots for a very long time, when we changed it during Cataclysm there was a lot of negative feedback about it since it felt like we were removing a druid’s core ability. Shifting out of roots was already seen as part of a druid’s identity, part of what makes them distinctive.

At that time druids just seemed to have way too much mobility as they were able to kite every single class to a point where no one would go for the druid in higher ratings, they would just be left for CC and/or maybe for a quick switch.
But that was back then, classes had fewer and less powerful abilities, in MoP devs decided to bring back root shifting because after taking into account all of the changes that the expansion brought to every other class, it seemed like the added mobility wouldn’t be overpowered anymore, also this ability used to be part of the druid class for such a long time that it felt really nice to be able to return it to them.
Having said that, stuff is being changed all the time, we’re focused on providing a balanced PvP endgame experience, but in a game of this scope, we have to accept that tuning is probably a never-ending process, and your feedback is key to make this work.

I have to admit that I also have issues peeling ferals in Arena, even on my mage. I’m just not sure if it’s my lack of skill, if they counter my classes, or are actually op.
Anyway I’ll let devs know about your feedback. If this proves to be a real issue, rest assured that there are plenty of ways to address it; for example, we could add a CD or make it break snares but not roots, but note that this will never be done lightly, we don’t want to keep adding and removing such core abilities, as that can quickly become frustrating for those who are playing the respective class, we try our best not to make big unexpected changes in the middle of an expansion but sometimes we have to do it. Balance is very important.

Thanks for your feedback!

23/05/2013 19:10Posted by Jovanion
Ferals shift roots because they eat a lot of vegetables.
Your logic is indisputable!