Gamebreaker Live with Greg and Brian at Noon

Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#1 - May 20, 2013, 4:58 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Just a heads-up for all you forum peeps, Gary over at Gamebreaker.tv along with Olivia Grace of WoW Insider-fame will be interviewing Greg and Brian today LIVE in just a couple hours (at about noon Pacific). Topics are likely to focus on anything and/or everything (but probably mostly 5.3).

Head over to watch and chat with a few of us in the channel at the same time: http://www.gamebreaker.tv/live/
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#13 - May 20, 2013, 5:23 p.m.
Blizzard Post
You mean Ghostcrawler and Marcus Fenix?

That's right.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#17 - May 20, 2013, 6:07 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Bashiok and I will be hanging out in the chatroom as well during the interview (I'm actually already there). Feel free to join the discussion!
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#99 - May 21, 2013, 12:12 a.m.
Blizzard Post
The interview VOD has been posted for those that missed it live: http://www.gamebreaker.tv/video-game-shows/legendary-world-of-warcraft-show/patch-5-3-interview/

He looked tired, and then with all those pvp questions he started to look like "man lets move this along* look. I'm still trying to figure out the (priest synergize well with hunters) remark, maybe they do and I missed out.

Well, that was boring. And Greg looked tired/mad/sick or something. Cheer up buddy! They didn't have any Q & A's from chatters.

Did look pretty tired. Hope he takes a yacht vacation for Memorial Day weekend =p

He knew this is a PVP patch though so I don't think the questions bothered him.

Haha. I talked to Gary about this a little afterward. Next time we'll aim for having one camera per developer.

Greg wasn't overly tired, or somehow surprised by the focus of the interview. 5.3 is a small patch, so by comparison the PvP changes and new content are pretty substantial. That's why we booked Brian and Greg. They knew what they were getting into. :p

We didn't anticipate that viewers would be trying to interpret their every movement of body language when they weren't speaking. You hear them a lot more than you get to see them, so it makes sense that you'd be paying close attention. But, since it's not easy to hold a game face for a half hour that can't possibly interpreted as anything other than "attentive," individual cameras for each developer would solve that. :)

Either way, I enjoyed Greg's interpretation of The People's Eyebrow.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#100 - May 21, 2013, 12:17 a.m.
Blizzard Post
05/20/2013 01:27 PMPosted by Digerati
It's hard to talk PvE when the GB PvE enthusiast isn't on the show anymore. Olivia Grace took Fany's (I think that's his name?) place as the PvP guru on the show, so the interview was going to heavily swing that way.

This is the big PVP patch of the expansion so I felt like a PVP focus was appropriate. 5.4 is a raid tier patch so we can swing it back to PVE then in a couple of months.

I'd like to have Watcher on again when they talk about the Org raid.

No promises yet this early on, but that's my thinking for a 5.4 Legendary interview as well. :)
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#102 - May 21, 2013, 12:35 a.m.
Blizzard Post
05/20/2013 05:34 PMPosted by Baba
Either way, I enjoyed Greg's interpretation of The People's Eyebrow.

One does not simply watch Greg. In this interview, Greg watches you.

http://i.imgur.com/ZAopep1.jpg

LOVE it.