Question about 5.3 EXP...

#1 - May 14, 2013, 12:12 a.m.
Blizzard Post
So before there was a quote from Blizzard...

Experience needed to increase from level 85 to level 90 has been reduced by 33%.

Scenario 1:

Before the patch:
Character has 50/200 xp, xp bar shows 25% progress to next level.

After the patch:
Character has 50/100 xp, xp bar shows 50% progress to next level.

Scenario 2:

Before the patch:
Character has 102/200 xp, xp bar shows 51% progress to next level.

After the patch:
Character has 102/100 xp, and will level as soon as they gain an experience point.

Let me know if that helps.

So my question is this... What EXP and Level would you need to be at... (IE: Level 88 and 3/4) for when 5.3 comes out, to instantly hit 90? I completely hate Dread Wastes.

I know that I need gear, and Dread Wastes has good drops, but I hate leveling there.

So anyone able to do the math.. It seems that the WowWiki EXP Table isn't accurate.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#21 - May 18, 2013, 12:04 a.m.
Blizzard Post
So my question is this... What EXP and Level would you need to be at... (IE: Level 88 and 3/4) for when 5.3 comes out, to instantly hit 90? I completely hate Dread Wastes.

I know that I need gear, and Dread Wastes has good drops, but I hate leveling there.

So anyone able to do the math.. It seems that the WowWiki EXP Table isn't accurate.

Any excess experience over the amount needed to level will likely be lost. Overall though, the 33% reduction to XP needed to level is huge, and it's still a net gain.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#24 - May 18, 2013, 1:18 a.m.
Blizzard Post
05/17/2013 06:11 PMPosted by Alordis
Any excess experience over the amount needed to level will likely be lost. Overall though, the 33% reduction to XP needed to level is huge, and it's still a net gain.

But. . . my DK who is at like 30% into 89 would be almost there, so I can't wait. . .

Won't have to wait too long.

Currently, we expect to release World of Warcraft Patch 5.3: Escalation next week on Tuesday, May 21!

-Source: Preparing for Patch 5.3: Escalation