Blizzard pets grayed out for several months..

#1 - April 30, 2013, 9:44 p.m.
Blizzard Post
and not a damn Blizzard employee has left a finger to help me out !

I purchased every single Blizzard store pet when they were released, they are all fine and not grayed out.

However, I purchased Cinder Kitten and Soul of the Aspects and they've been grayed out for quite some time. I've battled with them numerous times, and one day they became unavailable for use. I opened so many tickets on this, it's not even funny.

One GM, however, was helpful and actually restored my pets 3 months ago and some Blizzard mounts were doing the same thing. The rest aren't even lifting a finger to help and I am so angry by this. It's one thing to do this 1-2 times, but 5-6+ times of sending the generic 'we don't give a crap about your issues, but we'll submit a bug report that will never get seen by Blizzard !!" reply after waiting for several days for a response.

Then I talked to some clueless tech support person on the phone. I waited 30 minutes to talk to someone, and he tells me to open an in-game ticket.

What good is your customer support team if you're not looking into the issues or taking your good old sweet time doing it ? I understand some bugs take some time, but this has been a few months, and apparently I'm not the only one experiencing this.

I tried to make a level 1 to refresh them, no luck. I uninstalled all of my addons, no luck. I deleted WTF, Interface and Cache... you guessed it: no luck there either.

This is so frustrating. It takes a lot to anger me, especially with video games, but this has been going on for a long time and I am fed up with the lackluster service I've been receiving.
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#4 - April 30, 2013, 11:33 p.m.
Blizzard Post
To be clear, Customer Support does not fix bugs. Sometimes they can offer work-a-rounds, but they are not the ones who fix the underlying problem. The issue is being looked into and has been mentioned on this forum that it is something of a high priority for the Quality Assurance team to resolve.

Indeed. When you originally contacted us about the issue it was still fairly new. The workaround for this issue was to resend the pets/mounts or have you create a new character and learn them there. That has proven not to have a lasting impact as they tend to gray out again.

With patch 5.2 this issue was resolved for some but it has not been for everyone. I understand the frustration this issue is causing, Roguermortis, we absolutely want you to have access to the pets and mounts you purchased and we are doing our utmost make sure that happens as quickly as possible. It is an elusive bug though.

At the moment we do not have an effective workaround. The best I can tell you is that we hope to have a more permanent resolution implemented as soon as we can.

~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~

Got Feedback? Click me.
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#11 - May 1, 2013, 1:34 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I got another GM response and it turned out there was a problem with the card my friend used, and now it sits in my pet list grayed out until another one is purchased and I learn it again.

Though similar in symptom, as you noted that was an issue with the actual purchase of the pet. In these cases there isn't anything amiss with the purchase itself, just the client is not recognizing that they are there while in-game. We can still see that the pet/mount license is still on the account so once the overall issue is fixed they should be accessible again.

I have had many GM's try to help. None have been able to provide a permanent solution.

Again, while our In-Game support staff is happy to help when they are able to they are not Developers or programers they cannot fix bugs or otherwise change how the game works.

If a workaround or other resolution is available they will provide it but this specific bug does not currently have a workaround. A resolution must be implemented through a patch once our QA department has found the cause and worked with Development to create, test and implement a resolution.

Got Feedback? Click me.
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#12 - May 1, 2013, 1:37 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Support that does not fix anything is not good support. Its a waste of time for the GM's and us.

O.o That is like saying an electrician that doesn't repair damaged water pipes is a bad electrician. They do what they can do in the realm that they cover.

I think we're going in circles here. Again, I am sorry for what frustration this may cause for those who are experiencing the issue. We hope to have it resolved as quickly as it can be.

Got Feedback? Click me.