PLEASE Don't nerf my SHURIKEN TOSS

#1 - April 22, 2013, 7:38 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I read that ST is having the distance damage buff removed, but the baseline damage is being doubled... then I read that ONLY the distance damage buff is getting killed. If this is true, it effectively neuters it to a (near) useless pull mechanism at best.

This is a viable choice to continue to do meaningful damage in PvE, when on the move or avoiding "standing in the fire" By nerfing so much, it makes it a binary choice of MFD or anticipation, since ST will become useless.

I understand that you voiced concern about it being a "cheap CP generator, but to solve that, couldn't you make it ~50% to generate, rather than guaranteed?
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#5 - April 22, 2013, 8:19 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I read that FoK is having the distance damage buff removed, but the baseline damage is being doubled... then I read that ONLY the distance damage buff is getting killed. If this is true, it effectively neuters it to a (near) useless pull mechanism at best.

This is a viable choice to continue to do meaningful damage in PvE, when on the move or avoiding "standing in the fire" By nerfing so much, it makes it a binary choice of MFD or anticipation, since FoK will become useless.

I understand that you voiced concern about it being a "cheap CP generator, but to solve that, couldn't you make it ~50% to generate, rather than guaranteed?

Shuriken Toss? As far as I'm aware, as of the current iteration on the talent, it will be getting a +100% damage bump, the doubled damage beyond 10 yards will be removed, and its energy cost will go from 20 to 40.