World Server down

#1 - April 18, 2013, 11:37 p.m.
Blizzard Post
?

Been like this for just over an hour now.
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#6 - April 18, 2013, 11:47 p.m.
Blizzard Post
In what area of the world?

World Server indicates a specific region within a realm. Eastern Kingdoms, Pandaria?

Usually that's something a realm recovers from quite quickly, but I can pass this on - they will ask where the character is that is getting this message.
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#29 - April 19, 2013, 1:54 a.m.
Blizzard Post
04/18/2013 06:48 PMPosted by Dohan
First off, compensation?!?! LOL!!! Been playing since BC and one thing Blizz will never do is compensate for servers being down.

That isn't true, and if you have been playing since BC then you should be very much aware that we have given accounts game credit for several issues over the years where there were persistent login or realm issues.

In fact, on your account I see a couple of times in 2008 and three times in 2009 in where we did just that. I know we are often seen as some kind of evil corporate overlord but please make sure that your information is accurate if you are going to perpetuate that drivel.

Still Down :( I wish we could get some kind of response from a Blue, Just so we know they are aware there is a problem and they are working on it.

I'll see if I can get an update, Respectabull. I haven't heard anything yet but I have a pointy stick and I'm not afraid to use it!
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#32 - April 19, 2013, 2:06 a.m.
Blizzard Post
From the reports that I have got back the issue appears to be with some hardware. They are currently in the process of replacing it. As soon as it is done things should return to normal.

I don't have a specific ETA on when that will be done but we hope very soon.

If I hear anything new I'll pass it along.
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#39 - April 19, 2013, 2:52 a.m.
Blizzard Post
My Druid on Northrend (Dragonblight) is working again......

Yep. Everything should be working again. Our Realm Techs will continue to monitor the realms though just to be sure.

Thank you for your patience all!