Advanced Macro Help!

#1 - April 18, 2013, 3:27 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Hey guys i was wondering if i could create a targeting arena1-2-3 macro where i can add several #showtooltips, where the tooltip alters depending on which character i am playing, for example it shows block when i am on mage and link when i am on shaman etc. etc.

I would like this as i like to keep a clean UI, and would like to avoid making 5x Tar 1-2-3 macros..
Thanks in advance!
Forum Avatar
Community
#9 - April 18, 2013, 2:30 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Hey guys i was wondering if i could create a targeting arena1-2-3 macro where i can add several #showtooltips, where the tooltip alters depending on which character i am playing, for example it shows block when i am on mage and link when i am on shaman etc. etc.
Hmm… I might have a somewhat silly way for you to accomplish this.
But hey, as long as it works... right? ;)

So for example, let’s say you put Elixir of Frost Power in the top left slot (first slot) of your Mage’s backpack, and Elemental Flux in the same exact slot of your shaman’s backpack and then you use this macro:

#showtooltip 0 1
/target Arena1

The icon of that macro will change from character to character depending on the item that currently sits on the 1st slot of the backpack.

For reference: in that macro, 0 corresponds to the first bag (backpack) and 1 means first slot of the respective bag.
Forum Avatar
Community
#15 - April 19, 2013, 12:11 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Cannot try it myself atm, but I think it's possible through adding a short script to your original macro:

/run local G=GetSpellInfo SetMacroSpell("MACRO_NAME", G"SPELL1" or G"SPELL2")

Very nice solution! This does work, thanks for helping out ;)