5.3 - MoP XP Lowered Please

#1 - April 16, 2013, 9:21 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Word on the street is that soon we'll have 5.3 upon us, which means the most recent expansion is most likely halfway through its lifespan before another expansion hits. Considering that MoP has been out for over half a year now, I believe it would be a good time for the devs to tune down the xp required to get from 85-90, especially the 88-90 grind.

(If it were possible I would also love it if Golden Lotus's gate were made to go away...MoP is the most alt-UNFRIENDLY expansion due to things like this...)
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#56 - April 18, 2013, 1:43 a.m.
Blizzard Post
To the OP, all I can say is keep an eye out for the next 5.3 PTR patch note update.

For everyone that have already replied in the thread, would you kindly stop making posts attacking each other?
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#116 - April 18, 2013, 7:58 a.m.
Blizzard Post
To the OP, all I can say is keep an eye out for the next 5.3 PTR patch note update.

For everyone that have already replied in the thread, would you kindly stop making posts attacking each other?

Oh the reference... whether it was intended or not I am giddy.

It seems to have worked, the thread is back on topic. ;)
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#159 - April 22, 2013, 6:37 p.m.
Blizzard Post
  • Experience needed to increase from level 85 to level 90 has been reduced by 33%.
  • Forum Avatar
    Community Manager
    #173 - April 22, 2013, 7:16 p.m.
    Blizzard Post
    My question would be concerning how this would work for those already grinding xp. I am going to use random numbers for sake of ease, not actual numbers. For example:

1. Is the amount of XP needed to get from 85-90 going to go from 1,000,000 to 666,667? If that is the case, if you have that 666,667 already, do you instantly become 90?

or

2. Is the amount of xp required going to be based on your current level, so that if you are past that 67% xp mark, the next xp gained will automatically level you to the next level, then the xp required to obtain the subsequent levels would just be reduced by 33% of the original amount of xp it has required since launch?

or

3. Some other alternate scenario my pea-brain is incapable of thinking of.

Just curious, as I am sure others are curious about this as well.

Scenario 1:

Before the patch:
      Character has 50/200 xp, xp bar shows 25% progress to next level.

After the patch:
      Character has 50/100 xp, xp bar shows 50% progress to next level.

Scenario 2:

Before the patch:
      Character has 102/200 xp, xp bar shows 51% progress to next level.

After the patch:
      Character has 102/100 xp, and will level as soon as they gain an experience point.

Let me know if that helps.