Armory Hit Rating Error.

#1 - April 4, 2013, 5:35 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Hey guys, what's going on? My Hit rating in game is 6.01 % and my Armory says 7.01 % ?

http://s9.postimg.org/lw2s7kqjz/Wo_WScrn_Shot_040413_183313.jpg
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/frostmane/Zankurou/simple
Forum Avatar
Community
#3 - April 15, 2013, 2:07 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Hi Zankurou,

I think Lombra is correct.
What happens when you mouseover the spell hit value in-game?
There should be 2 additional values showing up, one with all the hit that you are getting directly from “+hit” stats, and another one with the total amount of hit that you are getting from other sources such as expertise.
If that isn’t happening, then it’s probably a bug related to the human racial not being taken into account by the formula that is displaying that specific value.

I realize that expertise is also not the best well-documented stat right now.
A lot of players might still be unaware that expertise can now be used by casters in order to provide some extra hit if needed. This is particularly relevant because it makes it possible to use reforging to make pieces of gear that already contain hit to gain even more hit through the means of +expertise.

It might also be worth to gem it sometimes, if you’re in desperate need of +hit, and you need to fit a gem in a red socket, you could for example use something like Precise Primordial Ruby.
Forum Avatar
Community
#6 - April 19, 2013, 11:48 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I've just tried it in-game with a human character, and the extra 1% hit is showing on my tab.
Can you try to disable your addons and see if the problem comes from there?

If you mouseover “hit chance” under the "Spell" tab, you should see that extra 1% in white and the value that you are getting straight from gear with +hit in yellow.
The number in white will always be higher or equal to the yellow one, but never lower.
Expertise only counts towards the white number.
Forum Avatar
Community
#8 - April 19, 2013, 2:35 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Recently I discovered that armory counts expertise TWICE for spell hit chance

Mystery solved! Thank you!
I just tested it and that seems to be exactly the issue, which I'm going to send as a bug report to the appropriate team.