Blizzard becoming fascist.

#1 - April 12, 2013, 1:50 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Locking threads they disagree with. Not because they don't conform to AUP.

The thread that was speaking about CRZ - Locked.
Removing auto flight paths - Locked.
Dead server discussion - Locked.

Sorry but players who are complaining about issues have a right to do so. Would you rather they just quit the game instead? Although maybe that would get your attention better. Using the forums to get an idea of how many are for and how many are against an idea is a valid way of using the forums. It seems that Blizzard don't want democracy and the players no longer have a right to say how they feel about these issues.

If there's already a thread on this issue, MERGE them rather than lock the new one, I know it can be done, I have been a moderator myself. The search function is crap anyway unless you want threads that are years old coming back again. Either that or create a sticky with links to topics that keep getting new threads made so the old one can be recalled easily. If someone can't find the thread in the first few pages, they will create a new one.

Locking the new one because the old one is lost and then hoping it will just go away is never going to work, players will just keep making new threads. I have even seen people spam new threads daily to ensure they get their point across.
Forum Avatar
Community
#8 - April 12, 2013, 2:18 p.m.
Blizzard Post
12/04/2013 14:56Posted by Tombunde
What does locking threads that don't follow the forum guidelines have to do with Blizzard being fascist?

I am very curious about that as well. Tzutai, if you would like to answer that question, please send it in an email to CMfeedback-EN@blizzard.com

If not, then please read this thread to learn more about why we lock some threads and not others:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/816711831