[Beta] How much money would you spend?

#1 - March 29, 2013, 1:01 p.m.
Blizzard Post
So you're going about your day minding your own business when an e-mail arrives in your inbox. You whip out your iPhone since no one uses Android products (I'm teasing!) and check it, and it's from Blizzard! You're in the Hearthstone beta!

How much money would you spend during the beta with the understanding that your account will lose all of it's cards but be credited back in boosters when the game goes live? Let's assume that the beta starts in June and ends in October or November.

For me personally, the answer probably has a direct correlation with just how terrible I end up being at The Forge, but I would plan on dropping a decent chunk of change to help test constructed as well.

The point isn't to have a "hey guys who's rich?" thread so much as it is a "let's see how this beta is going to go" thread. It'll be important for testing to have enough people spending money, which is a fairly unique scenario.
#36 - March 29, 2013, 4:55 p.m.
Blizzard Post
03/29/2013 07:37 AMPosted by Killyox
I will not put a cent into it if i will lose what i put in it. After release, i dunno. A lot probably over time. In beta if i get to keep it? Depends on how long beta is and how good boosters are.

Just an FYI, you will not lose the money you spend during beta. Prior to launch your card collection will be reset, and any cards you acquired through a purchased card pack or earned during the beta test will be removed. However, any purchases you made during the beta test will be credited back to you in the form of new, unopened card packs at launch, equal to the value you spent during the beta test. Please note that these will not contain the same cards as those received from card packs in the beta test. Also, as a thank-you for testing out the in-game store during Hearthstone’s beta phase, everyone who purchased a card pack in the beta test will get a special gift.
#49 - March 29, 2013, 5:23 p.m.
Blizzard Post
03/29/2013 10:00 AMPosted by Horde
Is there any hint of what the special gift may be? Will it be something like a limited edition card that can only be aquired by purchasing the beta packs? Will it be an in-game World of WArcraft pet and/or mount? :D Just wondering.

I can't spoil the surprise!!! ;)