TCG vs Hearthstone

#1 - March 23, 2013, 8:19 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Will Hearthstone follow a similar rule set as the actual TCG? I enjoyed making decks that center around my hero with equipment/quests/abilities. I didn't care for the minions aspect of the game but it seems all the media released so far really focuses on the minions of the hero and not so much on equipment and abilities.

Will this change as the game matures in development or is it going to be a minion centric game? I hope it follows close to the TCG, I've been saying for years that Blizzard should but TCG online and now it's happening :) I just hope it's going to offer the playstyle flexibility of the original TCG.

Thanks for any info anyone can provide :)
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#5 - March 23, 2013, 8:49 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I have been quickly and embarrassingly beaten by very hero-focused decks that equip and buff weapons and armor, so I know it's a winning strategy at least! *cry*
#10 - March 23, 2013, 9:59 p.m.
Blizzard Post
You can watch the full announcement VoD, which has quite a bit in it. And yeah the cinematic and Building the Fire behind-the-scenes style video are on our YouTube channel.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#10 - March 23, 2013, 9:59 p.m.
Blizzard Post
You can watch the full announcement VoD, which has quite a bit in it. And yeah the cinematic and Building the Fire behind-the-scenes style video are on our YouTube channel.