The Crumbled Chamberlain.

#1 - March 20, 2013, 12:56 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Is bar none the most idiotic and annoying quest to date in this expansion.

HA HA very funny Blizzard.

Way to troll your paying customers.

Not one are the pieces on top of buildings or cliffs or other near impossible places to get to... if someone DOES manage to get to one of them, the item disappears only to reappear at yet another near impossible place to get to and we have to not only find it but then spend 10+ minutes trying to figure out how to get UP there all while hoping and praying that everyone else FAILS MISERABLY so that only we, the individual, gets the item and credit.

Thanks.

No really.

Thanks.

As if there weren't enough jerks to deal with in game, now we have to deal with quests like this that makes us rage.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#18 - March 21, 2013, 2:31 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Good news, we're applying a hotfix to address the Crumbled Chamberlain pieces respawn. It should be in after this morning's restarts. Pieces will then spawn in the same locations for that day, but will change locations the following and so on. This way, if someone snags the piece you're going for, it's not going to jump to a new location. You'll still be able to get it.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#28 - March 21, 2013, 3:24 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Yeah, that first time was such a pain I only did it because I assumed it was one off, not that the chamberlain gets torn apart on a weekly basis and needs his parts retrieved. I don't care what fixes are happening, I'm never doing this quest again.

Putting it that way reminds me a bit of Prometheus who was doomed to have his liver eaten by an eagle every day for an eternity. I almost feel sorry for the Chamberlain now.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#31 - March 21, 2013, 3:30 p.m.
Blizzard Post
When I found this quest, I liked it, noticed the head whispering insults and lol'd. Found the first piece in Court of Bones? On the roof of one of the buildings. Mini map showed the gear. Thought it was a static spawn. Then saw the gear in the Saurok area, tried jumping but of course the Saurok jump is massive and hard to gauge and overshot. Tried to circle back around and the gear disappeared. Realized then it was a random spawn and went hunting through the map. Saw another one and couldn't figure out how to get up. Then it disappeared as someone else looted. Finally saw a third and scrambled to get it before anyone else could.

I find it ironic, after Blizz's "we don't want players resenting questing/doing dailies with other players, competing for quest spawns" they put in a new quest that does EXACTLY that.

You forgot to continue the thought, "and fixed it so that you don't have to". The respawn time is relatively quick. ;)