Wow forum's *usefullness*

#1 - March 19, 2013, 8:45 p.m.
Blizzard Post
First i need to qualify that Ive been playing MMO'S seriously since 2008 (When i married my awesome nerdy wife.) We did play WOW some during BC/wrath but never more than a few hours a week. (I remember us getting upset because we couldn't get the MR-T head animation off. LOL)
Mostly we played Lots & lots of Asian MMO's --Like Aion, Linage etc

Anyway the WOW forums are by far the best i have used. There is a really high level of serious/competent posters who can be tremendously helpful and just enough trolling to make it funny/interesting. 99% of the time if i have a problem I go to my class forums rather than open a GM ticket. (Idk if other class forums are as good as rogue forums but i guess they are.)

Most MMO's websites have lackluster support @best for the website/forums
The wow website & forums are IMO -best of breed
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#13 - March 20, 2013, 12:53 a.m.
Blizzard Post
03/19/2013 02:04 PMPosted by Kailia
And what few CM's they do have on these forums are more interested in pointless posts

Direct developer interaction has its pros and cons. Still, I'm delighted that some of our guys are on Twitter (on their own time) sharing information and their passion with the player base. Developers sometimes interact directly via the PTR forum, so if you'd like to try the PTR and discuss upcoming changes, then I encourage you to join us there when the PTR is active.

We read the forums very frequently, so even if you don't see us doesn't mean that we're not there. We've also expanded our interactions to Twitter (@Warcraft, @Bashiok, @CM_Crithto, @Daxxarri, @Nethaera, @Rygarius, @CM_Zarhym) and Reddit (www.reddit.com/r/wow). Nevertheless, we realize how important it is to interact with our fans here, and we'll always try to be a visible presence. Part of that is just having fun and chatting with the community in "pointless posts" because we're part of this community too, and it's fun. Nevertheless, we provide updates and make informative posts on the forums all the time, though those often require vetting and confirmation. Sometimes there are discussions and even meetings involved - so when we comment on something 'serious' it usually takes time. In other cases, we're following those discussions closely, but specifically choose not to get involved directly because the presence of a Blizzard poster in a thread can derail an otherwise constructive discussion into the territory of off-topic questions and attention grabbing behavior.

The wow website & forums are IMO -best of breed

Thanks Ghostmourn. I'm really glad that the forums have proven to be a useful resource for you! Thanks to the World of Warcraft community for participating on the forums, sharing your knowledge, and for having fun while you're here, too!
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#15 - March 20, 2013, 1:29 a.m.
Blizzard Post
What happened to @CM_Zarhym .... did you guys fire him?! HOW DARE YOU GUYS DO THAT!

Z has been doing a lot of coordination and communication with fansites. He helped coordinate a recent round of developer interviews, for example. He's also very active on Twitter if you miss him. Go say hi!
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#21 - March 20, 2013, 3:37 a.m.
Blizzard Post
@Crithto

@CM_Crithto <.<
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#59 - March 20, 2013, 8:24 p.m.
Blizzard Post
What Daxxarri said. It also helps to note that we work on the front page (community site) blog posts as well which often includes more extensive developer insight or information about new features, services, or topics we feel may be of interest to a wide array of of the community. Our time isn't solely dedicated to the forums. When we have time to answer the serious items, we do. When we have time to just take part in the community, we do that too.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#61 - March 20, 2013, 8:38 p.m.
Blizzard Post
03/20/2013 01:30 PMPosted by Nayaga
No, what happened was he said Blizzard only responds to fluff posts
No I didn't. I said it drives me nuts when they do respond to fluff post and ignore important ones. I never said Blizzard only responds to fluff. You got it wrong.

Sometimes we don't have an answer at that time. It doesn't mean we're ignoring it. It just means we don't have anything we're able to say or can say to answer you in a way that will satisfy you at that point in time. Sometimes, there really isn't an answer at all. There is always a method to the madness though.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#63 - March 20, 2013, 8:50 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Neth, you've been keep a cool head and a positive attitude around these forums for a long time.

Plus, I can always count on you to have the same answer to me in any and every "what music do you listen to while playing wow" topic? (Answer: WoW's soundtrack, with the only variable being: loop on or loop off).

Keep on.

Is there truly any other answer? ;p Other music just distracts me from the world. ;)