Make Zandalari Warbringers Taunt Immune

#1 - March 17, 2013, 6:54 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I was recently killing a zandarlari warbringer in Kun Lai when a player continued to taunt the enemy from me and attempt to knock if off the ledge so that it would evade bug. Eventually, this player succeeded in resetting the mob and stealing the tag after he forced it to reset. My taunt is not on the same cooldown as a druid tanks and my root is also not on a sufficiently short cooldown to counter this players knockback.

I don't think this is a fair way to play the game. I have reported this player and hopefully he'll receive punitive action for this harrassing behavior.

That being said, there is no need for these mobs to be able to be taunted in the first place, which allowed this player to harrass me. These mobs should be taunt immune, effectively not allowing another player to have such a degree of control over a mob tagged to another player.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#12 - March 18, 2013, 11:46 p.m.
Blizzard Post
A hotfix went out earlier this afternoon to address Zandalari Warbringer concerns.

• Zandalari Warbringers are currently immune to crowd control and interrupt effects.
    Edit update #2: We're looking into if the change was intended.
    Edit update #3: Clarification from Lead Encounter Designer Ion Hazzikostas (Watcher) regarding the change to Zandalari Warbringers.
  • Forum Avatar
    Community Manager
    #36 - March 19, 2013, 12:09 a.m.
    Blizzard Post
    03/18/2013 05:07 PMPosted by Omegal
    They also appear immune to stuns, snares, and roots.

I'm looking into that part right now.
    Forum Avatar
    Community Manager
    #499 - March 20, 2013, 7:39 p.m.
    Blizzard Post
    03/20/2013 10:38 AMPosted by Ðopey

I'm looking into that part right now.
    so whats the update on this, its been awhile

Still working on getting clarification.
    Forum Avatar
    Community Manager
    #509 - March 20, 2013, 8:14 p.m.
    Blizzard Post
    Ok, here is clarification from Lead Encounter Designer Ion Hazzikostas (Watcher) regarding the change to Zandalari Warbringers.

Yes, it’s intentional. Zandalari Warscouts are supposed to be difficult solo encounters; you can use various control mechanics on them.

Zandalari Warbringers, however, are designed for groups of players. They’re immune to snares and other control effects for the same reason that most 5-player dungeon bosses are: those effects would make the encounter easier than intended. Grab some friends, or invite the people camping the spawn to join your group, and you should be just fine.

In summary, it is dangerous to go alone. Bringing friends should make taking down a Warbringer much more manageable.
    Forum Avatar
    Community Manager
    #578 - March 21, 2013, 1:10 a.m.
    Blizzard Post
    Was making Horrific Visage uninterruptabale also intended?

Bring a friend with a dispel magic ability to counter Horrific Visage's fear effect.