Season 12 RBGs, Cheaters, and Rewards.

#1 - March 12, 2013, 8:55 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I'm trying to remain calm about this... deep breaths...

Are you telling me 2500 RBG rating isn't enough for Hero of the Horde/Alliance?

Are you telling me that these kids here ~~> http://us.battle.net/wow/en/pvp/battlegrounds/?page=1 ... that have records like 11-7, 16-2, 13-4, 22-12, 17-7, 9-8... these people are getting their Hero title? They are getting their title with 9 wins and 8 losses?...

I make videos at http://www.youtube.com/WoWisSerious. I worked my rear off for my rating and won many tough games along the way. But, the 9 win 8 loss kid gets his title and I get to try again. You do know that April 1st is still 20 days away, right?

*post restored-slight edit (rear) Please watch inappropriate language -Nethaera
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#51 - March 14, 2013, 11:10 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I'm trying to remain calm about this... deep breaths...

Are you telling me 2500 RBG rating isn't enough for Hero of the Horde/Alliance?

Are you telling me that these kids here ~~> http://us.battle.net/wow/en/pvp/battlegrounds/?page=1 ... that have records like 11-7, 16-2, 13-4, 22-12, 17-7, 9-8... these people are getting their Hero title? They are getting their title with 9 wins and 8 losses?...

I make videos at http://www.youtube.com/WoWisSerious. I worked my rear off for my rating and won many tough games along the way. But, the 9 win 8 loss kid gets his title and I get to try again. You do know that April 1st is still 20 days away, right?

We did take action against those we were able to identify as exploiting the system as well as taking action to fix the means by which some of these players were doing so. We also know that there are still concerns from the community. We’ve been discussing ways to address this for the future and will continue to keep an eye on things from our end. Hopefully, we’ll be able to provide more details on our plans at a later point in time.

I know you're frustrated and I'm sorry you feel this way. Hopefully we'll be able to do more in the future to address this for you and get you back to feeling better about your PvP accomplishments.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#55 - March 14, 2013, 11:35 p.m.
Blizzard Post

So in other words, if you can't beat them...

Report them. I'm sure that's what you were going to say. Seriously though, we are keeping an eye on things and will take action should we need to. In the meantime, we really do need people to report players who are abusing the system etc.

And there you have it , to bad they get titles and you don't , you just need to have faith they will catch them next season or the season after.

This isn't what we're saying either. We're saying we caught those who we positively identified as abusing the system. We're planning to continue to work toward ways to address things such as this and will. I wanted to at least take some time to let people know that this wasn't falling on deaf ears.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#58 - March 14, 2013, 11:44 p.m.
Blizzard Post
If I were a pvper, I'd be flipping tables.

I facepalmed when I armoried one of the guys who plays at the 1550 level in arenas but somehow manage to go from 1600 to 3000+ rbg rating in 2 days. >.>

We're taking a look at armory data as well. It may not be as accurate as we'd like it to be. We'll keep everyone informed should we make any further updates on it though.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#223 - March 15, 2013, 10:31 p.m.
Blizzard Post
03/15/2013 12:50 PMPosted by Serious
really weird that the Original post got deleted by a moderator, yet you can read it being quoted in the first blue post. i sense this topic will soon be fed to the forum yeti

Yep. I don't know why my first post was deleted lol. It still shows up in Nethaera's response to me. Shrug.

The original poster can delete as well, though I'm not sure if this is what occurred. I've continued to read btw. I just don't have anything more that I can add to the discussion right now. I'll continue to keep an eye on this discussion among others.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#233 - March 15, 2013, 11:35 p.m.
Blizzard Post

It was deleted by the moderator, the alt-o-magic addon tells you whether the poster deleted it or the moderator since it's hidden in the website's API otherwise. The add-on stated that it was deleted by a moderator.

Also, can you directly respond to Rainbow's post please? You stated earlier that you "punished those you were able to identify," but here we have seen that almost no one was punished, so does this mean that you essentially weren't able to positively identify ANY wintraders (especially considering the ones above 2800 CR are incredibly obvious lol?)

It's been restored.

I can't give specifics on the actions taken. It's not something we normally do though I know people would like those specifics. There definitely were actions taken against players. We had to positively identify them as abusing the system and it's not always cut and dry. Again, we're not simply ignoring it or letting it slide. We will continue to work toward better ways to address it. It's just not going to happen overnight as much as any of us would like it to. We want to make sure that when we do take action to improve the system that those actions are the best possible ones.