Ticket response times are outrageous

#1 - March 14, 2013, 7:34 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I opened a ticket 5 days ago about something, and I have yet to get help. Being that the average was 2 - 3 days I was patient, but I want my damn problem fixed. It shouldn't take a week to fix a damn bug blizzard caused. I can't play my character until it is fixed.
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#2 - March 14, 2013, 7:40 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I do see your petition, Dyro, but I'm at a loss to know how this makes your character unplayable.

Yes, this does probably need attention, and yes, it may very well be connected to a faction change, but not being able to complete a quest does not make your character unplayable, it may stop your progress in a zone.

Ticket times are far higher at the moment than we'd like, but they are working very hard to get those back down, and indeed over the last 2 days they have dropped considerably.
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#6 - March 14, 2013, 7:53 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I do see your petition, Dyro, but I'm at a loss to know how this makes your character unplayable.

Yes, this does probably need attention, and yes, it may very well be connected to a faction change, but not being able to complete a quest does not make your character unplayable, it may stop your progress in a zone.

Ticket times are far higher at the moment than we'd like, but they are working very hard to get those back down, and indeed over the last 2 days they have dropped considerably.

Any idea if we're going to ever get a reply to my ticket? We'd like the missing drop before our next raid! :(

(Had only 1 epic drop on our 10 man council kill last week.)

If you leave the petition open, yes - but whether it will be within that time frame I cannot say.
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#9 - March 14, 2013, 8 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I opened a ticket, over four days to respond. Ridiculous.

The person that takes the key is in the cave, Thunderherd. Much more than that - we really can't go into.

Now, if you ARE in the right place, and the NPC isn't visibile, that's really another issue entirely and you may want to amend your petition with more details.
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#15 - March 14, 2013, 8:13 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Orylia, this problem reminds me of a similar problem KFC (Kentucky Fried Chicken) ran into. Their restaurant had major problems in the 70s or 80s that involved response times in their drive thru. What they eventually did was a variation of lean production that allowed them to target exactly what was causing the problem. Are you short staffed, is there a problem with the ticket system that makes it inefficient? What I would suggest to your company is to add more utility to tickets. Give users the option to determine how serious their problem is. Allow them to submit whether it involves a quest, raid drops, glitches or bugs, etc...

Edit: It would allow the appropriate allocation of your human resources, and most likely result in faster response and ultimately a better resolution of problems that require the most attention

That's what all our self-help pages are for, Dyroxide - and those have helped a LOT. Players can often find the answer themselves, and if they can't the system is much cleaner now in directing them to additional help.

At the moment, we've just had an expansion and 2 major patches (plus any attendant inevitable glitches that arise) since Monday. Queues are already in 2 days better shape than they were yesterday - and it's been a very long time since they were this long.
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#21 - March 14, 2013, 8:35 p.m.
Blizzard Post

If you leave the petition open, yes - but whether it will be within that time frame I cannot say.

The GM denied our petition for extra loot when we only had one epic drop on our 10 man council kill this week. Are you saying they're supposed to give us the extra loot?

I made no reference at all to the outcome of a ticket, only that there will be a response if it's left open, once it comes up in queue. Sometimes the answer is no :P