Weapon transmogs severely lacking

#1 - March 6, 2013, 8:52 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I would like to be nothing but constructive with this post, but the current one-handed weapon restrictions can only be described as asinine at this point.

Despite a lot of invested time in putting together a transmog set, I can't use matching weapons, because... why exactly? Someone please explain to me how I can use Claws of Gekkan, a fist weapon that looks just like a sword (one that shows as sticking into my leg for some reason), but I can't transmog a fist into a one-handed sword. I'm waiting to hear some logical reason why this wasn't included in the 5.2 transmog changes. Animations are not an excuse when it comes to one handed fist-mace-sword transmogs.

Please stop stifling the customization of my character's appearance in this manner, it would be much appreciated.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#7 - March 6, 2013, 9:49 p.m.
Blizzard Post
How can someone give you the logical reason when, before they do, you immediately tell them that they can't use the logical reason?

Animations were the reason. The fist weapon animation is different than the sword animation, even if the fist weapon looks like a sword.

Correct. I'm a little bemused that one of the first concerns I see in 5.2, the patch when we dramatically relax weapon transmogrification restrictions, is that it's too restrictive? Maybe explore your new options and see if there's something you like?