Character Service prices

#1 - March 6, 2013, 1:24 a.m.
Blizzard Post
As a Guild Master, I have a strong emotional tie to my guild because after all I've spent the last 2 years with it, and I started the guild. However, my brother started playing on a different server so I thought I'd join him and take the guild with me. Naturally, I went to use Blizzards Guild Master Services. Keep in mind here is on a different realm and different faction, but we share an account. I wanted to transfer ONTO his realm and faction and OFF of the account (and onto my own account). In order to complete this process it would cost $90. Unlike a non Guild Master. Where if you wanted to transfer realms, faction, and account it would only cost you $55. Blizzard, as a company you charge $15 a month just to play the game. How do you justify charging $90 just to transfer?

For all of you who want to see the calculations: Faction/Realm Guild Bundle is $65. Account to Account $25.
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#23 - March 6, 2013, 2:19 a.m.
Blizzard Post
03/05/2013 05:24 PMPosted by Chronicsyn
Keep in mind here is on a different realm and different faction, but we share an account.

I believe it has already been mentioned but it is important to note that you should not be accessing an account that you are not registered to. The only exception would be if the account was in your parent or legal guardian's name. In that case, they may allow one minor child to access the account.

How do you justify charging $90 just to transfer?

Easily, it is an entirely optional service that you do not need to use in order to play this game. it is there for those who may wish to take advantage of them.

And that is why they are losing more subscribers than ever before.

While subscriptions are not as high as they once were, though not entirely unexpected given the age of the game, since you do not have any actual statistics on why folks may or may not maintain their subscription it is not a good idea to use it as a way to justify your point. Nor does titling your thread the way you did, the original title at least since I have changed it to better reflect the subject, constructive.

Look, I can understand paying for Guild Services. I just think they are a bit overpriced for what they accomplish.

Others, believe the price is fairly reasonable for what they accomplish. Keep in mind what they accomplish is substantial for some since they transfer/faction change the guild. Allowing you to retain the guild level, achievements, bank tabs (including items and gold) and allows your members to join the new realm/faction while retaining their position within the guild.

If you wish to provide feedback on the subject it is best to post constructively in the General Discussion forum. Please note the following is taken from one of our Community Managers on the subject.

These are premium services added to better accommodate the wants and needs of players. They do not factor into what you get for buying the game/expansions and paying monthly for access to the serers. By no means do you need any of these premium services to enjoy World of Warcraft gameplay to the fullest extent. Should you desire to take advantage of some extra services to enhance your enjoyment of the game though, they're certainly there for you... if you feel it's worth the price.

We've made countless quality-of-life improvements to the game in terms of content, UI, data storage, character profiles, etc. We've expanded upon what you get for your monthly subscription by leaps and bounds since the game was first released, but the subscription price has not changed.

Everything we do and every service we add costs more money than you might realize. So, if we do occasionally add some premium services which are purely to give you more options for enjoying the game how you want (changing your realm, faction, race, name, physical appearance, etc.), we need to make sure there is an appropriate value added to those services so we can sustain them, sustain our business, and keep focusing on making this the best game possible. :)

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2456451254?page=3#45
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#29 - March 6, 2013, 2:52 a.m.
Blizzard Post
As I mentioned in my previous post, if you wish to provide feedback on the character services current available you may do so by posting constructively in the General Discussion forum. Additionally, you can submit a suggestion through the in-game interface as well.