5.2 LFR Delay? What?

#1 - March 1, 2013, 4:14 p.m.
Blizzard Post
So I read an interview over at Vanion that stated that it will be two weeks before the first section of LFR is open...and then a couple of weeks in between each wing.

What? So you are delaying content for the vast MAJORITY of WoW's raiding population so that they can't even see the whole raid for 2 months? When did LFR become second class citizen status?

I don't mind as much waiting for a new wing to open up every other week, but if that is the case the first section should open up on patch day, not making everyone wait two weeks. How are LFR raiders going to spend Valor points if they can't get to friendly for two weeks? I hope you thought about that, because I don't think you did given that most people are going to be going into 5.2 VP capped.

If the argument is that Normal raiders feel like it's cheating to see bosses in LFR before they are good enough to do them on normal, then they have the option to NOT RUN LFR.

Edit: Official Schedule is UP and completely acceptable, not 2 week delays in between every section of 5.2 LFR.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#130 - March 5, 2013, 3:34 a.m.
Blizzard Post
It's gated to mimic normal progression in raids.

Normal raiders won't see the end boss for months either. In fact the only guys that will see the end content are the heroic mode raiders who will complete the normal raid within the week.

Our raid in Normal Mode Tier 13 didn't see Sha of Fear until 3 weeks ago, I had been farming him on LFR for a month and a half already at that point.

I think that your post strikes at the heart of the issue very well. Lei Shen is a real monster, and we want his encounter to feel climactic. Most normal mode raiders won't see him for a while, and that climactic feel is diminished when players have already been farming him for weeks in the Raid Finder before they ever get to see him on normal mode with their guild mates.

On the same token, we know players using the Raid Finder want to see new content, and we do plan to release the first two wings faster than the last two, to make sure that those players have something new to enjoy sooner rather than later.