Regarding Forum Moderation.

#1 - Feb. 26, 2013, 5:22 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I take my forum posting as seriously as I take my raiding, some with humor, some with emotion. However, I strongly believe as a paying customer, that moderation of these forums is getting out of control. I'll professionally and within the CoC and posting guidelines state my case :

As many of you know last night a member in a position of authority (Employee, not MVP) on the forums, not only belittled an individual requesting information relating to the game, but also infuriated a large number of forum posters without once apologizing or giving reason behind his actions. This, is not what I am paying for. When I pay for a product, I would expect the company to provide excellent and professional customer service at all times.

I believe the MVP program is also misused and taken advantage of. I've probably read several hundred posts involving the MVP's "Green Text" which stands out and immediately draws a readers attention, however if you will go through some of the posts you will find a decent number of the responses to not only be rude and uninformative, but opinion-based and biased. I think the MVP concept is a great idea, but giving random players the ability to stand out amongst a database of other paying customers is in the recipe for problems.

My discussion is this : Do you feel like the forums are being handled professionally and responsibly? This not only includes the General Discussion forums, but other sections of the Forums as well.

**This post was made following the CoC found at Code of Conduct: http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct
&
The posting guidelines found at http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/900930866.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#86 - Feb. 26, 2013, 7:08 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Discussing moderation on the forums is actually frowned upon and concerns about it can be directed to wowreportedpost@blizzard.com.

If you have a concern about a Community Manager, send that privately to wowcmfeedback@blizzard.com. If you have a concern about an MVP, send that privately to MVPs@Blizzard.com.