Fandral's Flamescythe + Transmog

#1 - Jan. 28, 2013, 11:20 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Should still proc the effect. What's the point in putting all that effort into the Fire Cat model just to have it forgotten? Gief please Blizzard :(
Forum Avatar
Community
#13 - Feb. 22, 2013, 3:17 p.m.
Blizzard Post
30/01/2013 18:02Posted by Contago
Give it! And make a resto-version aswell :D

Ahahah, of course! But actually we already have.

On a more serious note, I too loved the fire cat model and the other day I decided to level my druid a little bit and noticed that I still had the fire model effect even after changing weapons. I suppose that’s what Senel was talking about in his post.
Anyway, this is far from a perfect solution and might even not even be intended and eventually get fixed, I’ll ask devs about this though, maybe there’s a way to add it along with transmogrification, but I’m guessing this might be simply a design decision, fire cats are cool but they’re also er… extravagant and maybe a bit too flashy, I don’t know if seeing every druid as a fire cat would be interesting or just annoying.

Also, imagine this could actually be transmogged; that would mean that every single druid would have to go through Firelands to get it, and while I’m sure that would be fun and interesting for a lot of people, I’m not sure if it could be considered “good design”. It’s a character model after all, that’s a pretty big deal to tie to an old raid item from Firelands in my opinion, if anything it would make a lot more sense to tie it to some sort of class quest, kind of like Benediction for Priests.
If we get any info on this I’ll let you know.
Forum Avatar
Community
#23 - Feb. 26, 2013, 4:40 p.m.
Blizzard Post
29/01/2013 15:32Posted by Agrocantho
in patch 5.2 there is an item with 5 charges and an 10 minute duration that has the same effect

Once again, Wowhead comes to the rescue: http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=94604

I know it’s not the permanent solution that some of you have been asking for, but that would defeat the purpose, this is intended to be a special item/model and we don’t want it to become the standard.

This item will still allow any druid to turn into a fire kitty for times when you really want to show off and heat up the place, or when you just want to do a cool machinima to the sound of The Doors. The effect should persist through death and the item is BoA.