Rudeness and you.

#1 - Feb. 13, 2013, 10:54 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I'd just like to remind everyone that there's a person with feelings behind the character.
It saddens me to see the way some of you behave on these forums and in the game.

Sure, most people (like myself) know to brush it off and not take it personally, but there are those who do take it to heart and who are sad and hurt by the things you say to them.

Hurting a person is just completely unnecessary, it might be someone who's having a hard time IRL and who's trying to get away from their problems there and what do they get? Jumped on and laughed at even in a game. No one deserves it.

Honestly I think these forums should be harder moderated, people who have these bully-tendencies shouldn't be allowed to post.

It's quite possible to voice opinions and give constructive criticism in a polite way, please try it <3

Edit: Oh and one more thing. Forgiving mistakes. Everyone makes them, forgiving each other for the mistakes we make would make playing this game a whole lot more pleasant.
Forum Avatar
Community
#40 - Feb. 13, 2013, 7:02 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I'd just like to remind everyone that there's a person with feelings behind the character.
It saddens me to see the way some of you behave on these forums and in the game.

The anonimity on the internet is always a powerful tool to let the worst of people go out. And I can say this by first hand experience. When we're blindingly typing words into a screen, we tend to think that everyone else is a robot without feelings/personality/his (or her) own life...

That's why, if you're an Internet veteran, you've probably developed a very thick skin against trolling, flamefests, insults, and so on.

But still, we should all remind what the OP has said. A little kindness, from everyone, can go a long way to improve the community experience not just to a handful of individuals, but to everyone.

Sure, it's easier (and faster) to give the cold answer, even the offensive one to make sure that you're not being bothered again by that particular topic.

We have a saying in Spanish, which I don't know how well it does translate to English, but it's along the lines of "Plant winds, and you'll harvest storms". Meaning, if we behave to others in a rude way... how can we expect (and demand!) something different from everyone else?

Athene posted a video on his youtube account a couple days ago, precisely on this topic. I'd suggest you go and check it, it's an interesting reflexion. There's some profanity on it, hence why I'm not linking it myself (but it's still totally worth it to watch) :-)
Forum Avatar
Community
#170 - Feb. 15, 2013, 2:06 p.m.
Blizzard Post
15/02/2013 08:13Posted by TallĂ­on
The saying some are looking for from Draztal might be: You reap what you sow.

Yes, that's the English equivalent to the Spanish saying I mentioned. Thanks! :)