deleted a character a long time ago

#1 - Feb. 12, 2013, 9:33 p.m.
Blizzard Post
If i deleted a level 70 a real long time ago would blizz be able to give it back to me?
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#9 - Feb. 12, 2013, 9:51 p.m.
Blizzard Post
02/12/2013 01:33 PMPosted by Grimzlin
If i deleted a level 70 a real long time ago would blizz be able to give it back to me?

It is entirely possible, Grimzlin. While I can make no guarantees, given the level of the character you would like restored I would say it is extremely likely.

You'll want to submit a ticket in-game or through the Support Site. Make sure you list the name of the character you wish to have restored as well as the level, class, and race if you can recall it.

02/12/2013 01:35 PMPosted by Baddies
If it was a long time ago then it won't be recoverable.

Not necessarily so. Most information is saved by the system for a specific amount of time but characters level 50+ (60+ for Death Knights) are usually retained if not permanently, for an extremely long time.

Keep in mind that if the character is available for restoration that it will be restored exactly how it was before it was deleted. Meaning if the character did not have any gear/gold, that will still be gone and likely not be able to be recovered. Unless the items were lost recently.
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#13 - Feb. 12, 2013, 10:08 p.m.
Blizzard Post
While we've got a blue around, would it be possible for Blizzard to clear out the characters list that we get as a drop down on the website and in the mobile app?

I've created (and since deleted) a bunch of level 1 alts to check out other servers and they are clogging up the list. They don't show up in game, just on the website and mobile app.

That would be more of a database management issue, so it would probably be best to post in the Website Features or even the Website Bug Report forum.