Blizzard's Prioritization of Thread Responses

#1 - Feb. 8, 2013, 1:16 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I know it's been talked about before, but I've noticed blizzard really only responds to joke/fun threads with a comic one-liner or to answer very basic questions by new players (saw one a second ago that asked if they could realm/faction change at same time, worthy of a blue post?).

I know many posts are volatile and overly-critical on the forums, but even many of the constructively critical posts, even those that get on the popular threads list never receive any blue response. I'm just tired of useless blizz posts that at most just give the illusion of being involved in community discussion.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#20 - Feb. 8, 2013, 1:39 a.m.
Blizzard Post
We answer what we can. Not replying to a thread does not mean it wasn't noticed. We read and track numerous discussion topics daily and relay that feedback to the developers in weekly meetings.

Forward looking questions like "When is the patch coming out?" or "When will <insert request here> happen?"; an answer may not be available until all the details have been confirmed internally. Other times, the questions themselves are loaded or leading.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#26 - Feb. 8, 2013, 1:46 a.m.
Blizzard Post
The real question, when is Power Word: Bird going to happen? Answer me blues!
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#40 - Feb. 8, 2013, 2:06 a.m.
Blizzard Post
02/07/2013 06:00 PMPosted by Skrump
The real question, when is Power Word: Bird going to happen? Answer me blues!

A perfect example of blue spending time to chime in with a feeble attempt at humor which further derails the thread. It would be nice to see more participation in game discussions and less in threads like hug a gnome or what cereal do you eat or what's your favorite /flirt.

I'm a hippogryph, what's this? You look like you need a hug, you get a hug.

/hug

Now that you've had your hug, please take some time to check out this helpful thread by Nethaera, Getting the Most Out of the Forums. We welcome constructive feedback.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#47 - Feb. 8, 2013, 2:13 a.m.
Blizzard Post
02/07/2013 06:09 PMPosted by Tortirra
Sooo... like.. ahh.. umm.. When is that patch coming out... and stuff? ;)

Ah, but I do not have a date to give out regarding that, yet. I can say that advance notice will be given, so there will be time to let everyone prepare for things like Currency Conversions and such.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#50 - Feb. 8, 2013, 2:19 a.m.
Blizzard Post
02/07/2013 06:09 PMPosted by Advicetroll
Ryg, are you the night shift guy? Err.. bird?

Nope. I have other tasks (All of us have other tasks; there is no sit around all day and read the forums guy/gal.) like compiling Patch 5.2 PTR Patch Notes that take up a good chunk of the day. The process is much more involved than it appears.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#145 - Feb. 9, 2013, 1:01 a.m.
Blizzard Post
If any of the fine forum denizens feel you're capable or itching to show how you can do something better, we're LFM. See also: job posting for Community Representative, World of Warcraft.

If you want to talk about how we can do better, let us know at wowcmfeedback@blizzard.com.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#162 - Feb. 9, 2013, 6:56 a.m.
Blizzard Post
i Dont Expect Cms to post on controversial subjects such as the balance and cc in its current state.
I do however Question the fact there have been hundreds of threads about the game balance in pvp and Cc abilites and yet Zero changes.So i ask is the information being passed onto these devs and why are even some of the Majorly constructive posts by people blatantly ignored.Beta forums prime example many concerns with classes listed then ,some really good cocnerns ignored by this Team.

And again the Class Devs and this GC should at least poke there way through forums all of it even for 2 hours a week dont even have to respond but to see themselves.

Zero changes, have you checked out the PTR Patch Notes lately? Not having the changes made to your exact personal specifications doesn't mean you are being ignored or changes didn't happen.

That's the point of the forums, to discuss about the game.