A buff for wiping in raid finder

#1 - Jan. 30, 2013, 8:59 p.m.
Blizzard Post
To encourage Raid Finder groups to persevere, each time an Raid Finder group wipes on a boss fight all players in the group receives a stacking buff that increases health, damage dealt, and healing done by 5% (up to a maximum of 10 stacks). This buff is cleared once the boss has been killed.

I guess its sort of ok. I mean I dont think people ever really wipe on LFR bosses more than once.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#21 - Jan. 30, 2013, 9:59 p.m.
Blizzard Post
01/30/2013 01:08 PMPosted by Loktronotron
Couldn't you just have someone take one for the team, strip naked, and die over and over to the boss until they get 10 stacks and then people can just super EZ mode clear the boss.

There is a minimum attempt requirement before the system 'credits' you with a wipe. It should always be more time-efficient to not wipe at all, but if it isn't we can tweak the threshold.

01/30/2013 01:12 PMPosted by Monstrous
Raid Finder needs to be even easier?

We don't think LFR is too difficult, but in order to make it the right difficulty for 25 strangers with little-to-no coordination we did have to trivialize some encounters and mechanics. With a system that can correct for variances in groups, encounters don't have to be quite so binary (trivial vs. impossible). Mechanics can be more meaningful, while encouraging players to stay with groups that run into some difficulty, rather than quit and re-queue.