RBG wintraders getting reset

#1 - Jan. 29, 2013, 11:16 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Heard some good news from our friends in the US that they are starting to cleanse the rbg ladders of wintraders. GJ Blizzard! Step in the right direction!
Forum Avatar
Community
#42 - Jan. 30, 2013, 12:39 p.m.
Blizzard Post
After a thorough investigation and liaising with multiple departments, we can confirm that the recent wave of actions taken against Rated Battleground exploitation and win trading are indeed correct. The team of investigators have made sure to avoid any false positives and we will not be overturning any of the actions taken.

We want you all to understand that the spirit of competition and fair play is especially important to us, particularly in regards to rated Player versus Player combat. As a part of this, we have now dealt with the issue that allowed some Rated Battleground teams to exploit the queuing system to gain high ratings and engage in win trading.

These, and all, exploitative activities are expressly prohibited. We are still investigating the situation carefully; any players that have taken part in exploitation or win trading will be subject to the appropriate action against their World of Warcraft accounts. For now however, we are working on resolving any remaining issues that still reside within the queue system so that this behavior will not occur again in the future.
Forum Avatar
Community
#63 - Jan. 30, 2013, 2:38 p.m.
Blizzard Post
@Neltha — I did and yes, I checked your characters profile out before posting to see your ratings and games played. I simply stated that information pertaining to 7 out of 608 Rated Battlegrounds played on a single character is not an accurate portrayal of activity on an account as a whole.

In addition, we cannot discuss individual account suspension cases on the forums, which is due to privacy and legal concerns.