Slight annoyance concerning Poisons and Weapon Change.

#1 - Jan. 28, 2013, 2 p.m.
Blizzard Post
So, how poisons used to work was that you placed it on your weapon, and it was shown as a temporary weapon enchantment. You could switch between weapons and the poison would remain on the weapon you placed it on for as long as it's duration continues.

Now, how ever, poisons are more like a buff. If you change weapons the buff will disappear, and if you then put them back on the poison will be gone and you will have to reapply. Not the biggest issue since there only are a few poisons now days, but it does come with some issues, which is why I make this thread.

When I go fishing, I've to switch away from my weapons. So, if someone jumps me while I am fishing I will have to switch back to my weapons to counter them, as it has always been. How ever, since of the change of poisons, I will end up having no poisons at all.
Fighting a warrior without the advantage of opener is hard as it is, without poisons there is only the option of running for your life left, my damage simply wont be enough.

Naturally, I could just completely skip using a special fishing rod and just press Fishing and use the random one you're given, but that doesn't seem all that fair? Why should we have to do this due to a faulty game mechanic.

Anyhow, that's it. I hope it's only an oversight by blizzard - since it is a rather small thing, and that it will be corrected soon.
Forum Avatar
Community
#2 - Jan. 28, 2013, 4:15 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Hi Nucirine,
I see what you mean, I've just tried it and the poisons do seem to disappear once I equip a non-usable weapon, like a bow, they don’t seem to disappear if I just switch between daggers/swords.
So it seems that the poison buff is being removed depending on the weapon type. I assume that it will do exactly the same once you equip your fishing pole.
We’ll share this with the devs and if there’s any update on this subject we’ll let you know.
Forum Avatar
Community
#14 - Jan. 30, 2013, 4:01 p.m.
Blizzard Post
29/01/2013 14:33Posted by Zyqaz
A BLUE POST ON THE ROGUE FORUMS?

What are you talking about? I'm quite green, thank you!

We do roam through the class forums, but we have to prioritize a bit where we spend most of our time and... there’s a ton of different forums! It's only natural that you end up seeing most of our posts on the more general/universal ones.

Also class forums tend to follow a sort of infinite resonance state of opinions, it’s hard to get a very clear unbiased perspective in this kind of environment. I’m mostly exaggerating though; I think that class forums are generally quite good and they serve their purpose, for example, I think one of the most interesting things that we should be pursuing as a community is promoting good and up-to-date guides, and those are a great fit for class forums, there’s still many things we can improve on the forum to make that happen more efficiently though, but hopefully that will only be a matter of time.