Who actually played Warcraft?

#1 - Jan. 24, 2013, 10:21 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I am curious about how many of you have actually played Warcraft 1, 2 or 3 before you played WoW? I personally have never played any of the Warcraft games and never actually went out and bought it to change that. I'd like to imagine that a big part of WoW's player base in Vanilla were Warcraft fans and loved those games. Now years later with expansions of WoW, I wonder where peoples influences to play this game came from who may have waited till BC or later to start playing. Were you a Warcraft fan before you started? Were you brought here because of the success of this game itself? Were you a "south park newb" like me who decided to play the day after that episode? I'm interested to see peoples stories of why they started playing WoW.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#32 - Jan. 24, 2013, 11:51 p.m.
Blizzard Post
My first experience with the Warcraft universe was through Warcraft II. Upon realizing how awesome it was, dug around until I was able to experience Warcraft I. Played Warcraft III and Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne.

The map editor in Warcraft II gave me the idea that maybe, just maybe I can do more than play video games. (And set me on an epic multi-decade quest, but that's another story.)
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#83 - Jan. 25, 2013, 1:25 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I did!! In fact, I love going through the Orc starting area because of all the Lazy Peons there and their vocals when you click on them. So much geeky nostalgia!