Rogues on the PTR are flat out broken

#1 - Jan. 23, 2013, 5:22 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Rogues are so ridiculous on the PTR that it's not even worth testing anymore. I was talking to a gladiator mage last night on the PTR that I did some 3s game with this weekend. It's impossible to peel them off a caster. They have more uptime then warriors or ferals do on live, and their openers are beyond ridiculous.

The problem is even during the 3-4 seconds you have to get them off you they seem to be doing incredible amounts of range damage.

Double cloak from prep, on top of a lowered vanish cooldown from the previous patch, on top of shadowstep, and retardo opening burst has push them back to season 11 status. They don't have the same survival but it doesn't matter when they can pretty much keep a caster from being able to do anything, and can kill anyone lacking a flat out immunity cooldown in the opener.

This season is going to be terrible.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#158 - Jan. 24, 2013, 11:02 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Worth mentioning: Shuriken Toss shouldn't be proccing poisons. It is intended to be an ability that allows Rogues to continue to apply some pressure even after being peeled, though. That's part of the reason it was re-designed this way.

We’ll continue to keep an eye on balance, but (post-fix) we feel it’s a good option compared with other Rogue level 90 talents
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#165 - Jan. 24, 2013, 11:05 p.m.
Blizzard Post
01/24/2013 03:03 PMPosted by Sanctifiêd
but doesnt this diminish the effects of cc?

Roots and snares, yes. There are plenty of other effects that stop a threat cold, though.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#237 - Jan. 25, 2013, 3:01 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Due to a miscommunication, I included some incorrect information in my opening post in this thread, Shuriken Toss shouldn't be proccing non-lethal poisons like Crippling or Paralytic. It will continue to activate damaging poisons.

Sorry about that! =(

This should clarify matters Lufia?
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#241 - Jan. 25, 2013, 3:07 a.m.
Blizzard Post
01/24/2013 07:02 PMPosted by Crookston
Can you clarify if you mean Shuriken Toss the actual ability or are you just talking about the auto-attack?

The active ability and its auto-attack component will behave the same way.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#244 - Jan. 25, 2013, 3:13 a.m.
Blizzard Post
01/24/2013 07:10 PMPosted by Conspiracy
Is the auto attack portion really set in stone? I rather keep Shuriken toss the way it is, and still allowing those poisons to proc without giving them some ridiculous ranged attack with nearly full uptime.

Nothing is set in stone, per se, but Shuriken Toss hasn't proven to be very popular in its current live incarnation.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#375 - Jan. 25, 2013, 10:43 p.m.
Blizzard Post
01/25/2013 02:22 PMPosted by Hairyhoudini
Do NOT remove the utility from ST as it is currently on live being able to proc crippling. Leave it alone for gods sake if this is your idea of a buff.

The removal of non-lethal poisons from Shuriken Toss is an intentional nerf. Indications suggest that with all the other changes coming in 5.2, that Rogues are still going to be in a pretty good place.

Nonetheless, at the moment we think that applying Paralytic and Crippling from range is probably a little too good.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#394 - Jan. 25, 2013, 11:33 p.m.
Blizzard Post
01/25/2013 03:17 PMPosted by Vish
As it stands right now it is the easiest way to set up a 5 point KS and Shadow Dance with full energy.

In 5.2, Marked for Death will be the easiest way to do that.