I honestly hope Blizzard never brings back rep tabards.

#1 - Jan. 16, 2013, 2:18 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Having to slap a tabard on you and spam dungeons to get reputation was a very lacking design I hope we never revisit again. At least when I want to cap my VP now I have the option of actually having fun doing quests.
Forum Avatar
Community
#33 - Jan. 16, 2013, 4:20 p.m.
Blizzard Post
16/01/2013 08:16Posted by Ravness
It wouldn't make a difference anyway. Blizzard only ever does what they want, not what the community wants.

http://i.imgur.com/qWI2p.jpg

;-)

It is true that the development of our games is not a democracy. The developers have the final say when it comes to the development of our games, but it is simply not true that community feedback has no influence on their decisions.

I can understand if you are frustrated if things you personally really want and request for the game are not happening, but that doesn't mean that the things that are happening with the game are not wanted or requested by someone else in the community.
Forum Avatar
Community
#109 - Jan. 17, 2013, 12:53 p.m.
Blizzard Post
17/01/2013 12:18Posted by Quanda
What I would love to see is more choices to farm the reputation for factions, deffo not a tabard again I agree on that! But mayby a choice between dailies and something else

For 5.2 you will be able to champion a faction and earn rep with them on your first heroic and scenario of the day
Forum Avatar
Community
#141 - Jan. 17, 2013, 5:59 p.m.
Blizzard Post
17/01/2013 14:19Posted by Bramiq
So we can assume that only one dungeon or one scenario will earn you rep?

As the PTR Patch Notes read currently, it's the first dungeon and first scenario. Of course, things might change, but that's the plan right now.

The answer was/is so blooming obvious, you never had to re-invent the wheel, just put the old one back on - simply having both at release (instead of removing tabards) - Blizz could of scored a blinder by satisfying everyone - missed opportunity by not keeping tabards with the current daily system on release, missed it again in 5.1 and instead opt for a watered down fix in 5.2.

If one of them is the obvious path to get it done faster, the developers have seen over the years that the players will take that path, even if it's something they just don't like doing (which is probably why some people feel dailies are mandatory, because they'd like to spend their valor points on that gear rather than using the item upgrade system, perhaps because the'll spend them better there).

Also, keep in mind that in 5.2, valor gear will have a reputation requirement, but this reputation won't be earned from daily quests (which will also be available and it's a different faction).
Forum Avatar
Community
#148 - Jan. 17, 2013, 6:30 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Also, before I forget, remember that in 5.2, you'll be able to receive Work Orders in Sunsong Ranch from all accross Pandaria, and completing a work order will earn a reputation boost with the issuing faction. So it should help reduce the burden of doing dailies for those of you that don't enjoy them that much :)

Draztal, I have 3 questions:

1) is the championing rep a flat rep you get at the end that's comparable to what you would get from doing all dailies that day?

2) does the dailies faction have reputation rewards as well? and are those intended as a sort of catchup for new players/alts?

3) if the valor rep is related to the raid (most likely it is), can you also get it through LFR?

Great questions! I do not know at this time, but we'll try to gather that information and share it as soon as possible.
Forum Avatar
Community
#238 - Jan. 25, 2013, 8:57 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I'm resurrecting this thread to share with you the answers to some of the questions that were made last week :)

Draztal, I have 3 questions:

1) is the championing rep a flat rep you get at the end that's comparable to what you would get from doing all dailies that day?

2) does the dailies faction have reputation rewards as well? and are those intended as a sort of catchup for new players/alts?

3) if the valor rep is related to the raid (most likely it is), can you also get it through LFR?

Currently, the reputation for your first heroic is 750 and 325 for your first scenario. The new dailies faction doesn't have any valor items. The developers don't want fresh 90s to skip previous content and jump into the newest, so you'll still need 480 item level, but all the changes introduced to previous content will definitely help catch up quicker (lower prices, higher drop chance...)

Also, the valor reputation can be earned through the Raid Finder too but you need to kill bosses to get beyond a certain threshold. So we probably won't see something like the old Icecrown Citadel reputation runs.

17/01/2013 18:33Posted by Nessaya
But only for old factions (5.0, 5.1), or not?

In order to use the Work Orders in Sunsong Ranch, you need to be exalted with The Tiillers and all plots unlocked, but it's not required to own Sunsong. Work orders will be available for most 5.0/5.1 factions, but it will most likely not include Black Prince.