Realms Unavailable/Urgent Maintenance

Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#1 - Jan. 9, 2013, 10:38 p.m.
Blizzard Post
We’re aware the following realms are not currently available, and we’re working to investigate the cause and bring them back up as quickly as possible. We appreciate your patience and will provide further updates as they become available.

Aegwynn
Akama
Chromaggus
Draka
Drak'thul
Eitrigg
Garithos
Gundrak
Hakkar
Jubei'Thos
Khaz Modan
Korgath
Kul Tiras
Malorne
Mug'thol
Muradin
Rexxar
Runetotem
Saurfang
Thorium Brotherhood

UPDATE:

We are aware that several additional realms not listed are also experiencing issues. While we have no updates available at this time, please be advised that the appropriate team is working to resolve it as soon as possible and it's a very high priority. We'll also provide updates as we receive them. Thank you for your patience.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#171 - Jan. 9, 2013, 11:55 p.m.
Blizzard Post
We are aware that several additional realms not listed are also experiencing issues. While we have no updates available at this time, please be advised that the appropriate team is working to resolve it as soon as possible and it's a very high priority. We'll also provide updates as we receive them. Thank you for your patience.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#203 - Jan. 10, 2013, 12:25 a.m.
Blizzard Post
All realms should now be up and playable. Thanks for your patience!
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#207 - Jan. 10, 2013, 1:02 a.m.
Blizzard Post
01/09/2013 04:35 PMPosted by Graveclaw
I'm having wow.exe crashing problems as a possible result of these realm fixes. I haven't touched any files on my computer and it was working hours ago when my server was up.

I'd recommend following the support site. Server side errors very rarely cause client crashing, but it's possible the abrupt disconnection corrupted an addon file? Just guessing, but give this page a shot: https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/lockups-and-general-crash-errors-21020

If you need further assistance (because I'm not the best person in the ways of tech support any longer) be sure to open a ticket on that same support site.