So...

#1 - Jan. 9, 2013, 7:11 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I was watching Zombieland the other day (for the first time since I started playing WoW).

At the beginning of the movie, it shows Columbus playing Wow, and as I was busy online while it was on I was only half paying attention to it.

And yet, just from hearing the sound effects, I could tell he was playing a rogue. Is it bad that I can identify the class just based of the SFX?
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#8 - Jan. 9, 2013, 7:17 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I was watching Zombieland the other day (for the first time since I started playing WoW).

At the beginning of the movie, it shows Columbus playing Wow, and as I was busy online while it was on I was only half paying attention to it.

And yet, just from hearing the sound effects, I could tell he was playing a rogue. Is it bad that I can identify the class just based of the SFX?

My father worked for an airline. I got very good at identifying specific planes and logos. I can identify a lot of car logos as well since both my father and brother were into cars. I can listen to just a couple of notes to some songs and know exactly which one it is. The human brain is amazing machine capable of cataloging massive amounts of information. It's not bad that your brain is working well. And as someone else said, identifying a sound from something you enjoy isn't a bad thing.